Switch to desktop version  
How many minors on your test (be honest) - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: How many minors on your test (be honest) (/showthread.php?tid=315)

How many minors on your test (be honest) - Cameron UK - 11:th-Apr-2014

How many minors (or points, if your an OAP), did you get on your driving test, was cleaning the apartment today and found my sheet.

0 minors, passed theory and practical first time

What about you?

How many minors on your test (be honest) - Rusty2009 - 11:th-Apr-2014

Past theory with 98% first time.

Test first time no minors but 1 major (I didn't stop at stop sign) well there was nothing coming.

2nd time I got 1 minor.

How many minors on your test (be honest) - JohnL - 11:th-Apr-2014

Can't remember what I got % wise on the theory test but I failed it 1st time as I over slept for so had to rebook it. Practical part of the test I passed 1st time. think there was a minor on it but I can't remember.

How many minors on your test (be honest) - tucpal - 11:th-Apr-2014

well no theory for me did not need one when i passed
failed first time no minors but one major as i clipped the kerb as i pulled back in to the test center after the test
passed 2nd time 100%
as for points i have had a ban for 12 months in the passed
but totally clean now

How many minors on your test (be honest) - Migwell030744 - 18:th-Apr-2014

No theory in those days. Passed 2nd time in 1962 at 17.5 years old. After avoiding an accident, caused by a bus cutting me up. Examiner said after 10 minutes if you are that competent I am happy to pass you. Just sent for my first photo card licence which I had to have as coming up to 70 in July. My old Green Licence which was from 1977 went back un marked. Sad at having to cut it into two parts for security through the post. Took a photograph of it before I sent it back.
Ordered the new licence on line on Thursday 10th April, new one arrived Monday 14th with photo and signature taken from my passport, now that is service.

How many minors on your test (be honest) - Kevin - 18:th-Apr-2014

No theory for me. Passed first time in 1991. As for minors, not a clue. I wasn't told about any or given a copy of the marking sheet!

2008 I got one minor for my driving instructor test, but it isn't marked to quite the same standard as an 'L' test.

So how many think they would fail a driving test now???

How many minors on your test (be honest) - tucpal - 18:th-Apr-2014

me i have picked up bad habits for sure

How many minors on your test (be honest) - grahamfromoldham - 18:th-Apr-2014

I can highly recommend the Rospa 'Roadar' advanced driving course which includes an exam at the end of the course. There is a refresher exam every three years and happy to say I have managed to pass at the 'Gold' standard on the two occasions I have gone through it. It certainly makes you more aware of hazards on the road out there. I did the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) course and exam a few years ago but preferred the Rospa one.

How many minors on your test (be honest) - tucpal - 18:th-Apr-2014

I did do the advanced training and test for a motorbike and enjoyed it alot
made me a much better rider
i may look in too doing this for the car at some point

How many minors on your test (be honest) - Kevin - 19:th-Apr-2014

tucpal Wrote:me i have picked up bad habits for sure

A lot of the bad habits ain't enough to fail you. There are way too many old wifes tales regarding the 'L' test.

Crossing hands, block changing, mirror use, stalling etc etc to name a few......