Switch to desktop version  
Insurance renewal - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Insurance (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Insurance Questions (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+--- Thread: Insurance renewal (/showthread.php?tid=2734)

Insurance renewal - bruce_19 - 12:th-Aug-2016

Well I got my insurance renewal through my email yesterday after having to chase for it through Admiral apparently they where just going to continue taking my money for another year and not informing me.

So I looked at the revised quote £475 for a year which to start with I thought wasn't bad as I was the drive when we wrote off my wife's car but thought I would check on some comparison sights and the same company quoted me £398 with the exact same details.

Just wondering who people are insuring with to see if I can get it cheaper my insurance is due for renewal next Tuesday so looking to get this sorted today but I think £475 and even £398 is kinda steep when I paid £360 for the last year which included a car change to my current one and also them knowing about the accident.

RE: Insurance renewal - Jj0063 - 12:th-Aug-2016

Is it modified? I might be able to help.

RE: Insurance renewal - stigeye - 12:th-Aug-2016

Everyone's insurance is different, your relationship status, driving history, your car, age, address, occupation, where it's parked at night, parked at work are just a few things that they take into account. We just do an online comparison, add the things we want such as breakdown cover, NCP etc and choose the cheapest one that offers everything we need.

RE: Insurance renewal - bruce_19 - 12:th-Aug-2016

Well from last year to this year there is not change to my circumstances as the crash happened a week after I took out the policy so I called and informed them and they increase my policy at the time for the car I had and also went over everything again when I changed the policy to my GTC. So the only changes really are 1 more year no claims and driving but an increase in policy of £115.

As for mods I have a pipercross panel filter and that's about it just now.

I have done some searching when on breaks and I have found insurance with everything declared accidents and even the filter of £260 so its looking much better now.

The thing that gets me is the renewal price and the price given when I submitted a new quote £77 of a difference.

I am going to try another couple of places to see what I can get I was just wondering if there is any other websites to try.

I have tried the like of go compare and compare the market.

RE: Insurance renewal - bruce_19 - 12:th-Aug-2016

Well I have found a great deal through the CO-OP £200.99 for the year with everything declared and the best bit is after 30 days I get a £50 voucher for the CO-OP shop which is all we have in the village

So really my insurance for the year is £150.99 which I think is brilliant

RE: Insurance renewal - bhalay207 - 12:th-Aug-2016

I think everybody's is increasing. I did a quote the other day as I'm coming up to renewal and it was higher

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

RE: Insurance renewal - ChrisKnottIns - 22:nd-Aug-2016

Very happy to run a quote through for any member wanting to sense-check a renewal they've received elsewhere.

best,
Nick

RE: Insurance renewal - bruce_19 - 23:rd-Aug-2016

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the offer but I think I will stay with co-op as the offer was too good.

Thanks anyway,

Bruce

Insurance renewal - mart - 26:th-Jan-2017

Renewed insurance and I spoke to some American call centre. They were really helpful told me what to do to lower the cost. I added that I had use of another car, as that lowered the cost loads. Also took of additional driver as it gave a discount for the first year but not the second year for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Insurance renewal - sheppy1 - 26:th-Jan-2017

(26:th-Jan-2017, 20:31:03)mart Wrote: Renewed insurance and I spoke to some American call centre. They were really helpful told me what to do to lower the cost. I added that I had use of another car, as that lowered the cost loads. Also took of additional driver as it gave a discount for the first year but not the second year for some reason.

Which company was this through? My renewal this year is more than double what it was last year...They all want at least £2200 for the year

Insurance renewal - mart - 26:th-Jan-2017

Diamond

RE: Insurance renewal - sheppy1 - 26:th-Jan-2017

(26:th-Jan-2017, 21:35:05)mart Wrote: Diamond

Nice one. I'm with admiral atm and was with elephant last year and diamond before that! Ha. Let's see if they're able to help me with a decent renewal price as the online quotes are insane as I say

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk