Switch to desktop version  
DPF removel and remap - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Retrofit Research (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: DPF removel and remap (/showthread.php?tid=218)

DPF removel and remap - Dicko - 21:st-Mar-2014

Any one had a dpf removed and mapped out what sort of power did you get after
Thinking of doing it going to loose my life time waranty soon so thinking what the hell
Oh my car is the 2,0 cdtdi

Then get it lowered to

DPF removel and remap - J1ODYA - 21:st-Mar-2014

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Diesel-Mot-laws

Take a look... its not just the warranty it's an MOT fail now.

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 22:nd-Mar-2014

If the DPF is removed completely it will fail an MOT, they will look and see whether it was meant to have one when it left the factory, if it did and it isn't there it will now fail, you can have them cut open and the internals removed, then welded back up to look standard but there's nothing there, as long as it doesn't smoke too much when they test you should be fine, I've been told it will smoke more when it's mapped, whether that is completely true or not I wouldn't know as I am not mapped yet, but I am looking at running a straight through exhaust through new unrestricted boxes..

DPF removel and remap - Dicko - 23:rd-Mar-2014

Thanks for the reply's i am going to take it apart and remove the internals out and refit it and then get it reprogramd probley with thr egr to
I all reddy have a dtuk red box and more than happy with that
Just wondering if any one elce has don a dpf removed

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 23:rd-Mar-2014

i have not heard of anyone doing this as yet
on the j or the gtc you will be the first one for sure

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 23:rd-Mar-2014

tucpal Wrote:i have no heard of anyone doing this as yet
on the j or the gtc you will be the first for sure

Hopefully not before me lol I wanna be the first one! In the process of getting a welder lol

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 23:rd-Mar-2014

it will be nice to see how you get on

DPF removel and remap - Dicko - 23:rd-Mar-2014

All reddy got the welder and my good frend in car dianstics knows someone in warington who could program the dpf and egr out who knows I might be first

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

DPF removel and remap - MattC3156 - 24:th-Mar-2014

Not on the Astra but did this on my old Skoda. Old DPF was cut out and they welded it back up so you couldn't tell. Flew through the 2 MOTs that it had afterwards with no issues.

Would be interested to see how you get on!

DPF removel and remap - J1ODYA - 24:th-Mar-2014

Sorry for being daft but what is the advantage?

DPF removel and remap - MattC3156 - 24:th-Mar-2014

No chance of the DPF getting clogged up and having to be replaced to the tune of a grand in some cases! That's the main reason I decided to get it done (oh and a cheeky remap always helps as well!)

DPF removel and remap - J1ODYA - 24:th-Mar-2014

I see. Anyone know when they should be replaced? I have done 57k miles with no issue so far.

DPF removel and remap - Rusty2009 - 24:th-Mar-2014

J1ODYA Wrote:I see. Anyone know when they should be replaced? I have done 57k miles with no issue so far.

I think your find it's more the people that do a lot of short trips that have the problem mate whereas you do mainly motorway work.

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 30:th-Mar-2014

Delayed now till next Saturday! Just off to Machine Mart to fetch some Stainless Steel welding wire, couple of kg's worth.. The chap who's doing it with me, his missus went spastic at him last night apparently when he told her he was doing my exhaust today -.-

Not sure what to do regarding DPF as VOSA can now test to see if it's gutted and can prosecute you..

Tempting to make a piece of removable pipe that I can swap the DPF into when it requires an MOT, they aren't exactly gonna test to see whether it works or not as it will be ECU deleted...

So many things to try and stop us modders having fun these days!

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 30:th-Mar-2014

a removable piece sounds good
you just need to find a test station that is not to fussy
looking forward to the out come :cool

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 31:st-Mar-2014

tucpal Wrote:a removable piece sounds good
you just need to find a test station that is not to fussy
looking forward to the out come :cool

Yeah need to pay my cousin a few quid to give it a blind eye lol

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 31:st-Mar-2014

Nice you won't have an issue with that then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 1:st-Apr-2014

this may interest you DPF removal
http://lincolnservicecentre.co.uk/astra-j-1-7-cdti-dpf-removal/

DPF removel and remap - Kevin - 1:st-Apr-2014

mg3091 Wrote:Yeah need to pay my cousin a few quid to give it a blind eye lol

It is only a visual inspection, so long as it looks like it's there then no need to turn a blind eye!

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 2:nd-Apr-2014

Yeah but if they wanna dig deeper then some places have the equipment to test if there's anything in the DPF or whether it has been gutted, I'm gonna make a removable piece of pipe to swap them about when mot is due, just depends on the flanges...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPF removel and remap - Kevin - 2:nd-Apr-2014

If the mot station is digging deeper, then they shouldn't be. Doesn't matter if they think it's been gutted, they still can't fail it if it looks like it's still there.

To fail a car we need firm evidence, so a gutted dpf can't and shouldn't be failed.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 4:th-Apr-2014

Kevin Wrote:If the mot station is digging deeper, then they shouldn't be. Doesn't matter if they think it's been gutted, they still can't fail it if it looks like it's still there.

To fail a car we need firm evidence, so a gutted dpf can't and shouldn't be failed.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk
You'll be getting mine for an mot then, haha! Doing it tomorrow morning, looking forward to it

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 6:th-Apr-2014

Well chaps, after a short while looking under the car... Turns out that doing a turbo back would mean fabricating a new manifold, due to the position of the turbo..

The DPF and cat are lurking under a metal shield near the front, there is a flange in the middle which isn't an issue, then the rear box just past the rear axle, so nice and simple.. Just going anywhere near the front of the car is a bit of a pain, it would be a decent days welding... I do however, have the pipe, slightly larger than 3" (76mm) this pipe is 79mm, so will be a beast when it's done, it's just getting up the front where the turbo is lurking...

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 6:th-Apr-2014

are there any precat decats available anywhere

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 6:th-Apr-2014

tucpal Wrote:are there any precat decats available anywhere

Tbh the better way to do it would be to knock the internals out of things like the DPF/cat so they'll still pass the mot visual inspection, and a free flowing pipe will get the gases out quicker and easier, allowing the engine to not work as hard to get them out by forcing it out, taking the mpg up

DPF removel and remap - tucpal - 7:th-Apr-2014

would you have any problems with the O2 sensors do you think
also the cats are not cheep to replace if it does not work.
how about just getting rid of the other sections first and see how it goes
then as you say knock the inner out the Pre cat.

DPF removel and remap - mg3091 - 7:th-Apr-2014

It depends really, it all comes down to what you want out of an exhaust system, some people want extra power, some people want more noise, taking the backbox out is a good start as it will be near enough a straight through pipe there as it is a 1 box system..