Switch to desktop version  
2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: 2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX (/showthread.php?tid=213)

2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX - Rusty2009 - 20:th-Mar-2014

Vauxhall have issued an update for the ECU for all 2.0 CDTI 160/165Ps with Stop/Start.

There has been reports that this is stopping the DTUK RED BOX working correctly, DTUK are aware of this and have worked on a fix for it although the fix might not work for all at this time.

I emailed DTUK this morning to find out where I stand as I already own the box I was told
Quote:You'll just have to wait and see what happens once the car is serviced in September as there is no pattern. Some cars are affected, some aren't.

2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX - tucpal - 20:th-Mar-2014

that is actually very worrying
it looks as if this update is basically to stop the car from using a tuning box
i would think long and hard about this DTUK red box
if i had one i would want answers

2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX - mg3091 - 20:th-Mar-2014

Would only potentially affect the DTUK box? Not a remap *crosses fingers*

that's what i was thinking but this update
only seems to be for the 2.0l so far.

mg3091 Wrote:Would only potentially affect the DTUK box? Not a remap *crosses fingers*

All I know is DTUK RED BOX might be affected, if you have a remap on the car I've been told they can and will void your warranty, thats why I have the redbox as I can unplug it and they can't void my warranty.

2.0 CDTI Stop/Start and the DTUK RED BOX - mg3091 - 20:th-Mar-2014

Rusty2009 Wrote:All I know is DTUK RED BOX might be affected, if you have a remap on the car I've been told they can and will void your warranty, thats why I have the redbox as I can unplug it and they can't void my warranty.

I don't quite understand how they could tell to be honest.. it's something that's always baffled me...

what ever the update is it seems to effect the way the red box works
so they seem to have changed something and this box does not like it

mg3091 Wrote:I don't quite understand how they could tell to be honest.. it's something that's always baffled me...

They can tell because the software has been changed.

From what I can see it's all done with .XML files so the remapper edits the .XML file/s and this won't match up with Vauxhalls software.

(Disclaimer it might not be .XML but seems to be .XML files looking at it installed software with the MDI).