Switch to desktop version  
Parrot mki9000 - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: Parrot mki9000 (/showthread.php?tid=1946)

Parrot mki9000 - ac2709 - 28:th-Dec-2015

Morning guys. Hope you've all had a great Christmas up to now!

I've been looking at getting myself a parrot MKI9000 kit for the Astra J.

Does anybody have one, or know anyone that thinks they are good? For some reason my car doesn't have the usb input next to my aux and I feel a parrot would be far better than retrofitting just the usb.

If anyone knows how to fit one or has one in their cars any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrot mki9000 - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Dec-2015

Think most people have gone down the retrofit route or gone totally aftermarket.

I've moved this into the J section as it was in the how-to section.

(28:th-Dec-2015, 12:32:31)Rusty2009 Wrote: Think most people have gone down the retrofit route or gone totally aftermarket.

I've moved this into the J section as it was in the how-to section.

Cheers rusty2009
I'll have a look at fitting one and maybe post if it goes well or not

Parrot mki9000 - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Dec-2015

I'm sure there is loom on eBay for the parrot kit tho thinking about it which will plug in between the headunit and parrot kit

RE: Parrot mki9000 - DC_ELiTE - 28:th-Dec-2015

Got one of these fitted in mine

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/vauxhall-oem-bluetooth

Absolutely perfect, even hidden the mic in the light section above the centre console.

Doddle to fit (I had never done anything on a car before)

I don't however use this for audio streaming as its only Mono! I use the aux input with a cable routed to my cradle.

Cheers @DC_ELiTE.
Quite a bit out of the price range really pal.
The parrot is only 95 and can play music through the CD400 too. I'll try and find some how to's and have a go. If it doesn't work, I'm sure it will make an expensive paper weight

RE: Parrot mki9000 - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Dec-2015

This is the lead i was on about mate Just make sure it will work with the Kit you have although it should do.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISO-SOT-8405-r-Lead-cable-adaptor-for-Parrot-Evo-Vauxhall-Astra-J-Mk6-/321015913077?hash=item4abe0a1a75:g:ZKgAAOxyBjBTT10g

It will make it real simple plug and play for you then.

There is the how-to on removing the CD400 here on the forum.

@Rusty2009 , I've gotten myself a little confused. I presumed the parrot kit came with the fitting equipment necessary for connecting it to the CD400?

Is the lead needed extra? Or would the kit come with all I needed?

Thanks.

Do you have a link to the kit?

Most things will only come with non car specific connectors etc.

This is it on Amazon pal.

What's in the box is at the bottom of the description

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001GLYCGA/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1

Yes you will want to get the cable I linked you to mate.

It will save you a lot of head banging.

Just watched a how to video and it seems bloody difficult too!
It's annoying because it removes the use of my steering wheel controls also...

Think jve hit a brick wall because usb retrofit would be too much money (including fitting) and the Bluetooth retrofit doesn't look the best option either.

Might have to stick to the (awful) aux until I can think of a way around it...

Thanks for the help @Rusty2009 !!

RE: Parrot mki9000 - tucpal - 28:th-Dec-2015

sure they do a parrot cable for the steering controls
sure i seen one on ebay somewhere

Thanks @tucpal.
Bit the bullet and ordered the OEM kit from RaySmith's. Hopefully it should be simple to fit and I won't look back at the small hole in my bank account

RE: Parrot mki9000 - Rusty2009 - 29:th-Dec-2015

Follow this how-to stop after you've removed the head unit.

Then reinstall but add in the Kit so you should have a plug that plugs into the factory radio plug then another that plugs into the radio.

To route the mic pop off the kick panel (drivers side) and route the mic secure the wire with some tape to the plastic in the footwell area (will get you pic if you need) then pop off the trim with the air-bag on/off switch (drivers side) route the mic through then pull the rubber off the door feed it up to the roof.

remove the roof lighting console How-to here then you want to feed a puller from the the centre to the driver door (make sure you go behind the roof air-bag) then tape the mic to the puller and pull it through.

Then put everything back together.

I'm sure @DC_Elite will confirm or amend any of that Also I know he used lots of blue tac around the mic.

RE: Parrot mki9000 - tucpal - 29:th-Dec-2015

there is a lead it is in this kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parrot-Unika-Steering-Wheel-Kit-MKi9000-MKi9100-MKi9200-BMW-3-5-Series-/181313602581?hash=item2a37220415:g:HTMAAMXQyY1TS-Qj

but have a good look about to get the correct one you need or want

Parrot mki9000 - ac2709 - 29:th-Dec-2015

Thanks @rusty2009 for all the help! I'll post a finished picture (fingers crossed I don't balls it up).
Thanks @tucpal. I'll try this first then give yours a go in the misses car

RE: Parrot mki9000 - DC_ELiTE - 30:th-Dec-2015

(29:th-Dec-2015, 09:52:51)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'm sure @DC_Elite will confirm or amend any of that Also I know he used lots of blue tac around the mic.

What rusty means by this is this

I basically found that the MIC picked up a fair amount of road noise up there. So encasing it in bluetac elimiates the sound from around it so its litterally only getting noise from the cabin.

Also when you get the meta system, look through the manual, there are some settings for mic distance, from memory I had to set it to the highest setting for best results.

RE: Parrot mki9000 - tucpal - 30:th-Dec-2015

i will have a look into that

RE: Parrot mki9000 - bhalay207 - 30:th-Dec-2015

I had the meta system and promptly returned it. Even with foam over the Mic it wasn't great and the was a constant ticking when bluetooth was activated. The best thing about it was it integration into the oem screen.

I wanted to get an oem bluetooth set up. I even sold my parrot mki9200 as I was convinced I didn't want an aftermarket set up. In the end I ended up having the girlfriends IO play2 which isn't what I wanted but cost a fraction of the oem and gives me AD2P playback. I'm still not convinced I want it but it's the best option for the time being, as I want to keep the inside looking standard,ie keeping the stereo etc

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

RE: Parrot mki9000 - Exlabman - 24:th-Jan-2019

Hi,
Having ther basic CD400 in my 11 reg astra I (hadn't looked on here, muppet) bought this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Highway-Adapter-Bluetooth-Hands-Free/dp/B07FL1NRRT
Highway 600, DAB and bluetooth.
Mixed reviews but gave it a go, was £99 when I got it so a cheaper option.
Simple to fit, good DAB signal with the interior screen ariel and magnet under roof liner.
Poor in the way you have no visible display with what track. Phone is easy to answer, but fiddly to scroll and dial, certainly not hands free but does give you the option to answer legally, which is good.
I use the TomTom go app on my android phone which is awesome. When it is paired with the Highway I get no audible prompt which is annoying.
Does the job and its cheap and easy.

Cheers

RE: Parrot mki9000 - Exlabman - 24:th-Jan-2019

Anyone had any more recent experience with the Ray Smith OEM kit?

Thinking of getting one for the wifes 15 reg Zaf Tourer with a CD400 plus. Been looking at 65s, didn't realise the 15s came without bluetooth until we bought it, bum!

Options seem to be Parrot or Ray smith thingy, don't want to start changing heads and reprogramming

Thanks
D