Switch to desktop version  
How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Retrofit How-to's (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door (/showthread.php?tid=17)

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Rusty2009 - 21:st-Feb-2014

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door

Here is a list of the parts needed.

*Please note parts prices vary from dealer to dealer these are the prices I paid.*

Flex Floor Price list
[TR]
[TD]Part Number[/TD]
[TD]Description[/TD]
[TD]Quantity[/TD]
[TD]Price[/TD]
[TD]Cheaper price/ Other[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13294188[/TD]
[TD]TRIM, REAR END (EXCEPT FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
(PRODUCTION NO. 13261723)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£15.42[/TD]
[TD]Only needed if you break rear trim
Use this only if you don't have flex fix.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13310145[/TD]
[TD]TRIM, ASSY., REAR QUARTER, LH (FOR FLEXFLOOR)
(PRODUCTION NO. 13285217)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£50.28[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13310146[/TD]
[TD]TRIM, ASSY., REAR QUARTER, RH (FOR FLEXFLOOR)
(EXCEPT INFINITY SOUND SYSTEM) (PRODUCTION
NO. 13285218)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£58.74[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11519387[/TD]
[TD]SCREW, M8 X 20, BRACKET, SHELF[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]£18.84[/TD]
[TD]Min order 6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13293971[/TD]
[TD]SHELF, LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT, LOAD FLOOR
(PRODUCTION NO. 13262594)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£182.40
Vauxhall[/TD]
[TD]£118.56
Autovaux[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13334651[/TD]
[TD]BRACKET, SHELF[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]£3.08[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11609459[/TD]
[TD]SCREW, BRACKET[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]£5.82[/TD]
[TD]Min order 5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13282477[/TD]
[TD]BRACKET, SHELF, RH[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£19.38[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13282476[/TD]
[TD]BRACKET, SHELF, LH[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£19.38[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13293966[/TD]
[TD]COVER, BRACKET, RH (PRODUCTION NO. 13282493)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£3.48[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13293965[/TD]
[TD]COVER, BRACKET, LH (PRODUCTION NO. 13282492)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£3.48[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13294187[/TD]
[TD]TRIM, REAR END (FOR FLEXFIX SYSTEM)
(PRODUCTION NO. 13285216)[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]£19.62[/TD]
[TD]Only needed if break your's[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]24405739[/TD]
[TD]-CLIP, REAR END PANEL TRIM, BLACK[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]£4.82[/TD]
[TD]Only needed if you break some clips, not needed if you buy new trim[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]24405740[/TD]
[TD]-CLIP, REAR END PANEL TRIM, BLUE[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]£4.50[/TD]
[TD]Only needed if you break some clips, not needed if you buy new trim[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13307385[/TD]
[TD]-SPRING, FLAP[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]£4.56[/TD]
[TD]Only needed if you break a spring, not needed if you buy new trim[/TD]
[/TR]

Once you have all your parts you can then set about fitting the flex floor system
The first thing we need to do is remove everything from the boot and lower the rear seats.

We then need to remove the black pin from the top of the trim (there is one on each side)

Next remove the rear trim panel (simply pull at the bottom and once it's unclipped pull upwards).
*Take care not to break any of lugs that hold the clips like I did*

Then unfold the bracket

Once you've done that pull the trim out so you can get behind it, you will need a 7mm socket here there are 2 bolts to undo

Now you have a bit of room there is a metal clip holding a bit of trim on use a tool and get it in-between the two and prise them apart.
*You might be able to do without taking the 7mm bolts out but I found it quicker this way*

Once you have it starting to come apart then just give it a good hard pull and the other end will follow

Remove the rest of the trim and replace the two 7mm Bolts you removed.

Fitting the bracket is simple there is a metal holder that the bracket sits over

Bracket in place

then put the bolt in

Then fit the new piece of trim

fit the bracket cover

Refit the seat belt trim

Repeat for the other side.

Once you've done the other side fit the rear trim

Fitting the flex floor is an ass and will take two people, sorry not many pics of this.

you have to use a lot of pressure to get the pins to clip in then you use the bracket and screw to hold it in place

In and fitted

The dog loves it too

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - tucpal - 22:nd-Feb-2014

i must admit i really like the flex floor my self
but if you don't then just follow this in reverse order to remove it.
grate wright up there,

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Migwell030744 - 4:th-Mar-2014

Mine is in the best place I can think of, in the loft. It was the first mod I did to my car after I bought it. I can't see the point in such a useless bit of extra weight to add to anyone's car. It takes up too much room in the boot. Laying it flat at any height it reduces the useful height of the boot. Folded it reduces the useful depth of the boot. If flat in the bottom setting there is not enough height to use the supermarket carrier bag hangers properly. If the floor is folded you can’t use the hangers nearest to the front of the car. It would have been better if the fold in the base board had been the other way, so you could have lifted up the rear flap part to gain access to a space under the raised boot flexi floor, as it is if you wanted to get into this space you need to unload the whole boot to do so. Also the space between the side panel and the boot metal side is far to big, an extra 1.5" on either side would have made it a lot easier to get my grandson's pushchair in without it being on an angle across the boot.

VX never thought that lot out, did they?

I close my case. Haha

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Rusty2009 - 4:th-Mar-2014

Lol, it is one one of them marmite options.

and I must say I love it, I have my towing bar, warning triangle, Wheel tool kit, coat & umbrella under it and I have it on the middle setting.

Shopping very rare I seem to do that the wife does it then comes home moaning her 206 isn't big enough (haha stops her spending money once she's filled the little boot and back seat)..

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Lewis6317 - 4:th-Mar-2014

yeh very good write up something i will be adding after a few other things lol

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - tucpal - 4:th-Mar-2014

I have the flex floor and I have to agree it could have been better designed it does take up a lot of space I would like to remove it in all honesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Migwell030744 - 4:th-Mar-2014

Yes Rusty, and a b****y big jar at that.

RE: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - sheppy1 - 20:th-Oct-2015

For those wanting to do this, I found the boot floor comaprtment thing which is priced at £118 in the main post of this thread for £30 (can make an offer too) delivered on eBay brand new

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Load-floor-for-Astra-Hatchback-/262073801336?hash=item3d04d0da78:g:7QQAAOSwNgxWDTx1

The seller has more than 10 for sale too.

RE: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Rusty2009 - 20:th-Oct-2015

(20:th-Oct-2015, 10:53:14)sheppy1 Wrote: For those wanting to do this, I found the boot floor comaprtment thing which is priced at £118 in the main post of this thread for £30 (can make an offer too) delivered on eBay brand new

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Load-floor-for-Astra-Hatchback-/262073801336?hash=item3d04d0da78:g:7QQAAOSwNgxWDTx1

The seller has more than 10 for sale too.

Good find mate

RE: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - sheppy1 - 20:th-Oct-2015

Can always trust good old ebay for your random car parts on the cheap! Haha

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

RE: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - leeso - 13:th-Feb-2020

When you did this mod did you use part 13294188 trim rear except flex fix or part 13294187 for flex fix, just looking to do this mod and not sure if I need to buy the trim for flex fix, can't seem to find any pics of the 13294187 part to see the differences thanks

RE: How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door - Rusty2009 - 18:th-Feb-2020

(13:th-Feb-2020, 19:29:26)leeso Wrote: When you did this mod did you use part 13294188 trim rear except flex fix or part 13294187 for flex fix, just looking to do this mod and not sure if I need to buy the trim for flex fix, can't seem to find any pics of the 13294187 part to see the differences thanks

I do believe I bought the flex fix part in error its so long it's hard to recall.