Switch to desktop version  
Theft attempted?? - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Theft attempted?? (/showthread.php?tid=167)

Theft attempted?? - Rusty2009 - 13:th-Mar-2014

Jumped in the car and message came up theft attempted,

what at got out had a good look round the car couldn't see anything the alarm didn't go off.

anyone else had this?

Theft attempted?? - tucpal - 13:th-Mar-2014

i have head of this happening before
but no one ever finds out why

Theft attempted?? - Lewis6317 - 13:th-Mar-2014

omg thats crazy

Theft attempted?? - J1ODYA - 13:th-Mar-2014

I had this when on ferry... assume some sort of motion detector.

Theft attempted?? - Rusty2009 - 13:th-Mar-2014

J1ODYA Wrote:I had this when on ferry... assume some sort of motion detector.

I did find my tax disc holder on the floor.

Theft attempted?? - Cameron UK - 13:th-Mar-2014

Rusty2009 Wrote:I did find my tax disc holder on the floor.

That's what it will be, could have been worse, in my corsa vxr thiefs smashed my window stole my build I'm dvd player, my Satnav, ipad, tried to hot wire it, all with no alarm (a 2010 car with no alarm!!!! Wtf vauxhall)

Theft attempted?? - Migwell030744 - 14:th-Mar-2014

I had that one day while parked in the Tesco car park. The wind and rain while I had been in the store was like a mini typhoon. At that time there were discussions about this over on *** and they seem to say very similar things about the storm setting it off. I have never had this since.

Theft attempted?? - J1ODYA - 14:th-Mar-2014

Rusty2009 Wrote:I did find my tax disc holder on the floor.

Ha, there is the culprit then!

Theft attempted?? - Dicko - 17:th-Mar-2014

Mime only goes of when i have left my dog in the car and forget to switch of the ultrasonics

Theft attempted?? - mg3091 - 18:th-Mar-2014

I've had it before, didn't think nothing of it to be honest, the likelihood of a theft is minimal, thats what we have insurance for I guess

Theft attempted?? - Alienbv - 20:th-Feb-2015

Hey guys, I had this warning once, left the car in a parking for 3 hrs, when i got back i got theft message. It turned out to be my car battery I got all sorts of weird messages, one of them was the engine power reduce and other weird stuff.
Solution :
Replaced the original GM battery with a VARTA. After that no weird messages appeared

I have an Opel astra sports tourer break 1.7 110hp

BTW: i have no alarm system on my car

Theft attempted?? - tucpal - 20:th-Feb-2015

welcome and very strange

maybe they just did the software and forgot the alarm

Theft attempted?? - Alienbv - 20:th-Feb-2015

[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] I don't know mate ))) I went to the service and asked them if the car has an alarm system on it and they told me it doesn't :( But the strange thing is that theft alarm
I bought the car from Germany 1 year ago, its 2011 model. I also asked them if there is a software update to the car ? they answered by telling me there is no software update showing on their computers . I should go to another service to double check if i have an alarm system on it. I really think that in this country everyone wants to steal from you something

BTW: I'm from Romania & i'm not a gypsy )))

Theft attempted?? - Rusty2009 - 20:th-Feb-2015

Very strange but good to point that the battery could cause it.

Theft attempted?? - JohnL - 20:th-Feb-2015

Alienbv Wrote:[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] I don't know mate ))) I went to the service and asked them if the car has an alarm system on it and they told me it doesn't :( But the strange thing is that theft alarm
I bought the car from Germany 1 year ago, its 2011 model. I also asked them if there is a software update to the car ? they answered by telling me there is no software update showing on their computers . I should go to another service to double check if i have an alarm system on it. I really think that in this country everyone wants to steal from you something

BTW: I'm from Romania & i'm not a gypsy )))

You will be able to tell if you have an alarm as there with be the ultra sonic sensors in the roof near the interior light.

Theft attempted?? - tucpal - 20:th-Feb-2015

good point john

[MENTION=339]Alienbv[/MENTION] do you have the sensors like this in the middle.

Theft attempted?? - grahamfromoldham - 21:st-Feb-2015

Don't forget the tracker guys that I can help you with if you're worried about your car going walkabouts. My 'How to' guide' to fit the GPS tracker for under £30 is available on this forum.

Theft attempted?? - tucpal - 21:st-Feb-2015

and here is the how to if you are interested

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Install-GPS-Tracker-for-less-than-%C2%A330

Theft attempted?? - Alienbv - 21:st-Feb-2015

[MENTION=28]JohnL[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Thanks guys for the help, here is a picture of that area .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388[/ATTACH]

Theft attempted?? - Rusty2009 - 21:st-Feb-2015

No alarm fitted then mate.

[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] Was hoping for one. But what are those for ?

funny this i had the blue fin on last night and it will bring up any stored fault codes
when it downloads the remap and i have just seen the message stored on the car
theft attempt i dont ever recall seeing this pop up but it is stored in the car history

Alienbv Wrote:[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] Was hoping for one. But what are those for ?

movement sensors form the alarm

i am sure this message is linked to the immobilizer so you will get this message with out the factory alarm

[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Ok so let me get this right, I have the sensors but i have no alarm ? I'm really confused :(

Theft attempted?? - JohnL - 21:st-Feb-2015

Alienbv Wrote:[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Ok so let me get this right, I have the sensors but i have no alarm ? I'm really confused :(

No the grilled bits you have on yours will be where the microphone sit's if you have factory fitted Bluetooth.

[MENTION=28]JohnL[/MENTION] Yep I have the factory Bluetooth. Ok then after a few months ill be fitting the VIPER alarm system. What is your opinion guys on this system ?

Theft attempted?? - Rusty2009 - 21:st-Feb-2015

Reviews here mate, never having had an aftermarket alarm fitted I couldn't say what is good or bad.

http://car-alarm-review.toptenreviews.com/

RE: Theft attempted?? - thomas golby - 30:th-Sep-2016

I have.  Just sat and watched (from a distance) the scrote I spotted at 4.20am (UK) return and loosen the front wheel nuts using some battery powered device that does all 5 at once.  Waited while he was long gone and went to check and the car had indeed detected the attempted theft ( although his motive was probably more sinister than stealing the wheels.  

Perfect image on my CCTV though.

RE: Theft attempted?? - bhalay207 - 30:th-Sep-2016

They're bastards aren't they! I've just installed a camera over looking the drive. I've got it recording to an NVR and backing up to the cloud just in case that was to ever get stolen. The problem is, if they want it they'll take it irrespective of what systems we have etc.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk