Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,796
» Latest member: TonaldUnrem
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: Rusty2009
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Replies: 1
» Views: 23
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,406
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 318
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 178
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 3,690
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 373
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 563
Reversing camera fitted
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 353
Progress Thread - Astra 2...
Last Post: Dominattor
20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
» Replies: 104
» Views: 37,060
Old member returns
19:th-Jan-2024, 18:36:31
» Views: 826

debadged grill
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 15:th-Mar-2014, 15:40:02 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (8)

what you guys think of this ?

VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA J (MK6) BLACK DE-BADGED SPORTS GRILLE NEW UPPER GRILL 2010 | eBay

I like it and very tempted but is it really worth this?

Eibach Lowering Springs
Posted by: MattC3156 - 15:th-Mar-2014, 09:30:34 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (30)

Picked up a set of pro springs quite a while back for a billy bargain from eBay.

Not got round to fitting them yet but wondered if anyone else had and what their opinion was. I find the J has quite a bit of body roll (maybe I should slow down!) so wondered what difference this would make.

Cheers

HOW TO: Replace Glove Box Bulb Without Removing Glovebox
Posted by: Cameron UK - 14:th-Mar-2014, 23:32:28 - Forum: Lighting How-to's - Replies (12)

So i thought id show you guys how to change the glove box bulb for a nice w5w 501 smd bulb, i used one with 12 smds.

Items needed:
Blunt knife of plastic lever
New bulb

So this firstly, how the light switch works, when the pin is extended the light comes on, when the pin is pushed in, the light goes off.

The first step is to use a blunt table knife or other tool to lift down the light from the rear as shown below, when the back pops down you need to push the light backwards towards the front of the car and down at the same time.

This is how it will show when it drops down

After it has dropped down its just a case of unplugging the old yellow bulb and putting the new one in, when putting the light fitment back in, put the pin through the hole first then clip the light housing back in. The last picture shows how it looks after.

just for all you GTC VXR FANS
Posted by: tucpal - 14:th-Mar-2014, 21:00:47 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (2)

well it is real the Astra J VXR EXTREME

Dreaming of Astra OPC EXTREME - YouTube

Vauxhall Astra VXR Extreme at Geneva 2014 | evo MOTOR SHOWS - YouTube

i want one now

Hello
Posted by: Kevin - 14:th-Mar-2014, 20:12:47 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (3)

Hi all,

Been browsing this forum a couple of weeks now, so thought I'd better register and say hello. So, hello!

Must be the first time I have ever managed to use my name on a forum, without having to add numbers etc after it!

Not much to say, I'm a kilt wearing Scotsman in Dundee, working as a mechanic full time and driving instructor part time. I drive Astra 2.0cdti Elite, Micra diesel and Mazda MX-5 when the sun shines :cool

Cheers all

Service AFL
Posted by: J1ODYA - 14:th-Mar-2014, 19:29:09 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (3)

I have had this warning appear sporadically but then next time I get in its gone... its due a service soon so will get them to check it out but anyone else had this?

I have the premium lighting pack btw

Neeeeeeeeeeeew Member......
Posted by: MattC3156 - 14:th-Mar-2014, 12:48:06 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Transferred over from AOC.

Seems more specific to what I'm after and the How to section is much easier to follow.

So basically a "hello" from me!

squeaking clutch peddle
Posted by: tucpal - 14:th-Mar-2014, 11:45:14 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (10)

as there have been loads of reports
of the clutch peddle squeaking when you press it down
and this is a very simply fix
all you really need to fix this is
too add a good amount of grease
to the top of the clutch peddle
in the position marked in the picture

it is a real tight space so i strongly recommend applying the grease by hand
and working it in to the moving parts and the spring at the top of the peddle
just spaying wd40 on this will not cure it
and it will come back with out the use of grease
and you wont get it too go were you need it by spaying it up there blindly
it will need grease to work properly.

a real easy fix to a some what very annoying problem if you have it.

light up door sill protectors
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 14:th-Mar-2014, 10:21:02 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

light up door sill protectors

Found these not sure TBH.

What colour is my car
Posted by: Cameron UK - 13:th-Mar-2014, 21:53:01 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (10)

My car is currently in the garage trying to fix the 'service vehicle soon' light.

What colour is my car? I know it's black but what code and name is it? Is is carbon flash. Can anyone help?