Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,111
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 827
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 438
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,628
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 757
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 369
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,199
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 694
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 736
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 515

ongoing problem UPDATE
Posted by: Cameron UK - 1:st-Apr-2014, 19:49:16 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (35)

So I've still got the ongoing problem with the SVS light coming on. It's been in vx the last 2 days and they think they have found the problem, apparently pin 24 is broken on the esc connector, this is apparently causing my problems with the clutch switch! It's costing £288 as hey say this must have been caused when the repair was done to my car when it was in its accident. They also said there is now no error codes, does this sound viable? I'm just worried incase the light comes back on, what do I do then?

Lights tinting
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 1:st-Apr-2014, 16:42:09 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - No Replies

Has anyone tried this or have a astra with it done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How To use Draft posts
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 1:st-Apr-2014, 11:53:44 - Forum: Site help - Replies (1)

This is how you use draft post.

Just the same making a new thread or post

1. input the title
2. Type your thread or post
3. Click the "save as draft post" button
4. Click the submit button.

To load your saved post you can click the button that says post with draft post and select the draft post you want you.

Re-input the title and edit away you can re save as draft post if you want or post it.

See video below (will be added once uploaded)

[video=youtube;lsI8_cOZ9Ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsI8_cOZ9Ak&feature=youtu.be[/video]

April Fools day
Posted by: JohnL - 31:st-Mar-2014, 17:27:11 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (13)

Anyone got any plans to carry out pranks tomorrow?

I've got a few on the go at work.

Rigged an air horn under somebody's chair so when they sit on it the horn will go off.

We have also setup a fake router to wind up one of the network engineers up so that they will believe one of our core routers is failing. When they enter certain commands to try and diagnose the fault it reboots. Even moved the security camera so it covers his desk ready

We've got a smoke machine that we are going to rig up under somebody's car in the car park to make it look like their car is on fire.

Front springs
Posted by: Tottybye - 31:st-Mar-2014, 17:12:16 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (26)

I've just bought some lowering springs. Just a question on how the shock absorber is bolted on at the top mount. I can only see one bolt? Was expecting more than one. Cheers

How to: wrap window switches
Posted by: Cameron UK - 30:th-Mar-2014, 20:37:13 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (5)

This is a how to change the color of your window switch surround to a gloss black instead of a horrible grey

YOU WILL NEED:

1.WRAP (bubble free, bit more expensive but 100% better and still cheap) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190740632883

2. Wrap tool (would highly recommend this when doing ANY wrapping) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291099958969

3. Hairdryer CLICK HERE FOR BEST VERSION

1. To remove the window switch surrounds, gently pull up from the front in front of the door handle and unplug the plug

2. get your wrap and measure the square hold that you need to cut, mark this on the back white bit of the paper and cut out:

3. remove sticky backing, smooth out bubbles with wrap tool

4. use heat to get finally smooth, leave about 5mm excess, this will fold over and heat this bit to hold it all in place

IT WILL THEN LOOK LIKE THIS (pictures dont do it justice, will get some better pictures)

center console trim
Posted by: tucpal - 30:th-Mar-2014, 16:39:45 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

here is a new idea
for the center console trim

GREEN STITCH CENTRE DASH SKIN COVER FITS VAUXHALL OPEL HOLDEN ASTRA J MK6 09-14 | eBay

what do you think good or bad ?

How to Puddle Lights
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 30:th-Mar-2014, 16:01:27 - Forum: Lighting How-to's - Replies (22)

How to Puddle Lights.

This guide only covers the passenger door as the drivers door was the trail run.

The first thing you need to do is look at the below how-to's

How-to Remove Door Card

How-to Remove Glovebox

How-to Footwell Lighting

So you've removed the glove box and the the door card.

You then need to remove the speaker just one 7mm bolt.

If you want a bit more room just undo the door stay

and you beloved car should look like it's in pieces.

Next we need to get the rubber off the body which covers the door/body loom connection plug.

there is a little clip on top and bottom just release the top clip.

Next will need to pull the rubber out of the door

Next remove some of the tape around the bottom ot the rubber

Then using something strong and stiff you need to feed it though the rubber.

Attach the two wires you are going to use for the lights and pull it back though

Cut the black cable tie off the connector block

Then you use the pins in any empty block but make a note of which slots you've pick (push the pink tab up from the bottom to put the pins in)

Re Tape the rubber and run down I taped it to follow the speaker.

Next you need to get the connector out of the body and into the car (I couldn't get any pictures as it's well hidden)

There is a block of foam in front of this which needs to come out in order to get the block out

Once It's out you can start adding pins into the right slots so it matches the door side.

Then you can put the connector back.

then put the door loom back and connect them back up

Once you have done that make sure the bottom of the door is clean and dry use pre paint or hot soapy water and then stick the light to the bottom of the door

Then you need a 20mm Gromit slip it over the wire on the light and then into the drain hole

Then you can join the cables up I soldered and heat shrinked mine.

The wires you placed into the car can be connected into the Footwell wiring or however you want to do it.

End results

Hidden menus CD500,600,800,900
Posted by: tucpal - 30:th-Mar-2014, 15:50:16 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (4)

How to find and Access Hidden Menus
on the NAV,500,600,800,900..

Step one........

How to Access Test Mode.

Press and hold Config for 10 Seconds
Till you see Test Mode Appear on the Screen.

Press the info Button to Bring up the Different Test Displays
this will Bring up Data on Different System and info Displays
Press Info to go to the Next one till you Get to the End.

Too Exit Test Mode Press Config for Ten seconds
until the Display says Test Mode Inactive.

STEP TWO...........

How to Access Engineering Mode.

Press Config one Time
and Press and Hold Info for Ten seconds
until you get the Engineering Mode up on the Display.

To Access the Different Menus
Press the Control Button
and Browse through the Different Menus.

To Exit Engineering Mode press Back.

Note it is Possible to change a few Setting in Engineering Mode
so Before you go Press Buttons or Alter Anything
make a Note of what was There Before.

STEP THREE......

System Reboot
Press and Hold 1 and 5, OR 1 and 6
This should Reboot the System
How ever i would only Do this if you Have too
as you may Lose Info that has been Stored on the Unit.

AS WITH ALL ELECTRICAL HOW TOO,S.
you do this at your own risk if you follow the how to correctly
there should be no problems thank you.

Fuel saver?
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 29:th-Mar-2014, 08:37:03 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (13)

Well gents i have just found this on ebay. Now on my phone cant copy link from the ebay app, but tale a look at this. Item number below go to ebay.co.uk and search that number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk