Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,920
» Latest member: RaymondFEX
» Forum threads: 4,549
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Help Please :(
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Technical
Last Post: Rusty2009
16:th-May-2024, 18:49:34
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
Astra remap
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
13:th-May-2024, 17:38:11
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
coolant pipe part number
Forum: Request for information
10:th-May-2024, 17:41:23
» Views: 430
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
7:th-May-2024, 07:34:19
» Views: 103
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,380
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Views: 901
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 571
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,698
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 895
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 419

What do you guys think?
Posted by: Cameron UK - 9:th-Apr-2014, 21:04:20 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (11)

So ive decided to go for the 'stealth' look by wrapping my rear reflectors, here are some pictures

(i know they are required for MOT ill just pop a sticky one on for it)

BEFORE:

HALF DONE:

FINISHED:

I know the black lookes slightly different, this is due to my car being very dirty, when it gets waxed it will all blend in

GTC discs & pads
Posted by: J1ODYA - 9:th-Apr-2014, 16:27:09 - Forum: Servicing - Replies (67)

Well time has come to replace all of mine & Vauxhall have quoted £535 + VAT... How does that compare you think? Or should I tackle this job myself?

Remove the sensor casing on the windscreen
Posted by: JohnL - 9:th-Apr-2014, 16:11:56 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (3)

How much space is there inside the cover for the rain and camera behind the rear view mirror? Also is there any tricks for removing it?

I've got a dash board camera and was thinking of fitting the GPS unit in side the cover.

Thanks

John

How to remove reflectors from the rear bumper??.
Posted by: Cameron UK - 9:th-Apr-2014, 06:53:25 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (3)

The ones just above the exhaust on this picture? I want to wrap them black
http://www.ragazzon.com/file_public/news...opline.JPG

HOW TO: De-Badge Rear and side of astra J
Posted by: Cameron UK - 8:th-Apr-2014, 21:12:19 - Forum: Exterior How-to's - Replies (18)

Here is a how to with full instructions on how to de-badge your Astra, not for everyone but i prefer it

Firstly, sorry about the state of my car, its very dirty, I KNOW

You will need:

Nylon thread or fishing wire (nylon string off an old kite works the best)
Tar remover
Credit/debit card
Color coded polish (not the people)

BEFORE:

1. Put the string behind the first letter, you need to be holding each end of the string in each hand, you may need to use a finger as a guide to get it under the letter.

2. start pulling the string side to side is a sawing motion, it uses a combination of friction and heat to remove the bond.

3. move through all of the letters you want to remove, some people just remove some, I removed all

4. Pour tar remover onto a cloth, dampen the sticky residue and leave for 3-4 mins

5. Use a card to agitate the residue left over

6. Wash over with water and polish

And that is it all done.

Few things on gumtree
Posted by: Cameron UK - 7:th-Apr-2014, 20:37:40 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (10)

Full SRI interior:
ASTRA J FULL INTERIOR, 4 DOOR CARDS, CENTRE CONSOLE, MK6 | Horsforth | Gumtree

Gearbox Ambient Lighting:
Astra j mk6 ambient lighting, gear box CHEAP | Horsforth | Gumtree

Button Handbrake (chrome):
ASTRA J HANDBRAKE BUTTON, CHROME MK6 | Horsforth | Gumtree

Fuses
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 7:th-Apr-2014, 15:15:40 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (7)

Anyone got or can get a drawup of the fuse board and what amp fuse should be where?

Posted by: Dave - 7:th-Apr-2014, 13:21:18 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (10)

Hi guys, my name is Dave, I found this site after browsing for how to remove a front bumper from an Astra J, as I have recently purchased a 2010 SRI & discovered that the bumper had a Tiger, adhesive, attached, passenger side, bodged bumper, where the bumper meets the wing.
I found a great description, with pictures on here, thanks Rusty.
I have now removed the clip piece which was still in the bumper & now need to find the best way to re-attach it to the bumper. Any ideas???
Also discovered that the idiot before has riveted the 4 holes on the underside of the bumper attachment, so also need to drill them out!!!

Big thanks to tucpal
Posted by: Cameron UK - 6:th-Apr-2014, 22:14:32 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (8)

Just wanted to say thanks to tucpal for fitting my new half leather seats today! All spot on and looking good. Also thanks for wiring up the ambient lighting, had a very relaxed drive home. Gonna give them a clean and get some pics up soon

Astra J VXR Spoiler
Posted by: mg3091 - 6:th-Apr-2014, 12:40:20 - Forum: Wanted - No Replies

My plan...

On the lookout for a VXR spoiler so it can be fitted to my 5 door and really improve the look!

Many thanks guys