Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,084
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 812
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 429
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,596
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 749
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 361
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,185
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 689
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 728
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 487

Introducing myself
Posted by: manofkent - 12:th-Aug-2014, 19:21:45 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (3)

Hi, Im a office working middle class kinda guy with not much knowledge of cars. Ive a 2011 Opel Astra J 2.0 diesel "Cosmo" 160bhp. Im an expat living in France. Nice to meet you, I hope to learn loads and share experiences about the Astra.

new road surface
Posted by: tucpal - 12:th-Aug-2014, 08:57:17 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (12)

WHY WHY WHY do counsels insist on using that road surface
that has small stones just dumped all over the road
are they using the traffic to push the stones in to the surface
there are stones flying everywhere and even at the 20mph limit
and idiots are still flying through there kicking stones and dust up everywhere
they have done about 4 main roads by me and i now have to take the long way round
to avoid this horrid stone chip and skid risk roads.

cheep spoiler,s
Posted by: tucpal - 12:th-Aug-2014, 00:56:31 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (4)

a few bits here that may help someone

facelift front lower spoiler that has just come out this year new shape facelift only

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311045549783?_...EBIDX%3AIT

vxr side skirts
but i would check you can get the missing covers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311045526022?_...EBIDX%3AIT

gtc front lower spoiler

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311038098383?_...EBIDX%3AIT

rear lower 5 door spoiler facelift

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...486bc2674e

My new Gtc problem already
Posted by: DE5IRED - 11:th-Aug-2014, 17:54:02 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (18)

Hey guys sorry for the delay with the pics it's been a long weekend and finally
Parked the car up and stayed in doors lol

I picked up my gtc on Friday and after a long wait at vauxhall everything was good to go
I've literally been over the moon with the car and even happier now I've finally got it.

As some of you know I was looking at getting some tint just couldn't decide how dark to go and if
I should do the fronts and the rears or just the rears so Once I left vauxhall I went straight to auto shades
In Sutton Surrey and ended up just getting the rears done with the option of possibly getting the fronts done in the future.

Anyways after being on the buzz of getting the new car and getting the rears tinted i was at a set of lights at a halt and I could here a whining noise from the front droning through the inside of the car at first I possibly thought it was just a fan and I was being paranoid but as I pulled away the noise stopped and continued to drone and make noise mainly when slowly coming to a halt or pulling away.

I took it back to vauxhall to get told I should live with it for a couple of weeks and then book it in even know the mechanic and parts manager clearly could hear the noise to which neither of them had a clue what it was.

I have booked the car in for tomorrow 5pm along as I can make it from work and have been told they will have the car for a couple of days and give me a car till mines fixed. So not been best pleased with vauxhall .

I love the car and I would defend it to the high hills if I had to but just annoyed already I have an issue

Anyways some pics should be below haven't got many and there not great ones but have a look

Occasional problem turning on
Posted by: webby. - 11:th-Aug-2014, 14:46:31 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (3)

I have this problem, very rarely, where when I turn on the car, the engine doesnt seem to bite correctly.

It tries to go but then just seems to tick over a few times it eventually does start but sounds likes its not going to for a few seconds.

Like i say its very rare it happens, and all i can narrow it down to it not turning the key enough, Im not expecing many replies as i know its an awful description but thought I'd just put it out there.

Astra is a 1.6 petrol energy

Pet insurance!?
Posted by: Cameron UK - 10:th-Aug-2014, 20:11:27 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (25)

So I want to insure my pet with the lifetime policy so he's covered for ever if he gets an on-going illness. I'm wanting about £5,000 cover a year. I have found it at £25 the cheapest

Anyone with a pet tell me what they get for their money?

It's gonna cost roughly twice as much as house insurance (even taking into account I've already burn the place down once lol)

Roof rails
Posted by: morts66 - 10:th-Aug-2014, 11:13:06 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (10)

Can someone help I'm looking for roof rails in chrome to replace the plastic ones. Does anybody no where I can buy these for astra j sri 2009 thanks

Wheel Vinyl
Posted by: JohnL - 8:th-Aug-2014, 15:13:18 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (9)

You might remember a while back I was messing with the vinyl cutter in work doing templates of the wheel. As I've had the day off work and I was going to be changing the brake pads I thought I'd try the wheel on to see what it looks like on the car

Whats peoples thoughts

one off find
Posted by: tucpal - 7:th-Aug-2014, 23:57:04 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (2)

you won't see many of these about
may look good with a black car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151372879342?_...EBIDX%3AIT

This little fella will be coming to trax
Posted by: Cameron UK - 5:th-Aug-2014, 22:36:36 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (13)

Picked him up today, meet buster, 16 week old male French bulldog
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/...-york.html
He's the one to the right of the pictures of the 2 dark ones