Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,796
» Latest member: TonaldUnrem
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: Rusty2009
Yesterday, 19:07:42
» Replies: 1
» Views: 16
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,403
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 306
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 176
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 3,690
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 372
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 561
Reversing camera fitted
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 352
Progress Thread - Astra 2...
Last Post: Dominattor
20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
» Replies: 104
» Views: 37,033
Old member returns
19:th-Jan-2024, 18:36:31
» Views: 825

Long term investment
Posted by: Cameron UK - 27:th-Sep-2014, 15:42:32 - Forum: General Chat - No Replies

anyone into shares? Good company to lok out for is ong called LGO Leni has and oil. Shares have rocketed from 2p to 6p in the last few months, I've got 40,000 in them (shares not £). Expected to go to 17p, I'll be selling at 15p

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChart.asp?shar...e=leni_gas

How-to Remove Airbag Steering Wheel & Buttons
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 27:th-Sep-2014, 12:43:07 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (49)

How-to Remove Airbag Steering Wheel & Buttons

First thing we need to do is disconnect the battery negative cable, so open bonnet and remove negative cover if fitted then using a 10mm spanner or socket undo and remove the terminal and move it out of the way

Allow 5 mins for the systems to totally shut down.

Turn the wheel 180 degrees

You need to get to the holes behind

then using a small screw driver or nail punch or allen key go in the round end and then pull to the side

This will move the metal poles that are holding the airbag in and pull the airbag carefully out towards you (if doing one side at time don't pull to much until you have released the second side)

With the Airbag off you then need remove the wire it just pulls up but be very careful as it is really stiff, If you wanted you could un-clip it from the connector at the top of the wheel just follow the wire up.

To remove the steering wheel first make sure the wheels are in the straight ahead position then un-cilp the connector plug undo the bolt (do not fully undo it) then pull the wheel towards you, once released remove the bolt fully and pull the wheel off.

If you want to remove the buttons from the steering wheel (This does not include the VXR steering wheel) then follow the steps for removing the airbag.

Once the airbag is off you need to remove the trim that runs around the wheel and buttons.

This is very tricky and you must take care or you may break the tabs.

First off unplug the connectors to the buttons the push tab is on the bottom of the connector

Then starting at the bottom and working your way round pries the trim up not too much then start again until the trim is off

Then to remove the buttons simply get hold of both sides and pull up and wiggle out again these will be tight.

On VXR steering wheels follow steps to remove the airbag then to remove the buttons its a case of pulling and going in towards the centre of the wheel.

passenger side wing miror
Posted by: Gilmore - 25:th-Sep-2014, 12:58:53 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (2)

after a very long successful drive home from london to newcastle, i managed to smash my mirror off of post of garage door

anyone got one, or know where one is selling as cheap as possible

Loud knocking
Posted by: Cameron UK - 21:st-Sep-2014, 19:19:59 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (21)

So I've got a loud knocking coming from the front right wheel, seems to mainly happen when accelerating, revving stood still is fine. Does it whatever direction of wheels, quite loud, nothing loose that I can see. HELP!

monza
Posted by: tucpal - 21:st-Sep-2014, 16:36:37 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (8)

just got back from the family fun day at vauxhall ellesmere port plant
i dont usually go but the wife made me
anyway i only went to see this

photos are not the best but i did not bring my camera
but a very nice car apart from the impractical doors i do like it

also vxronline were there sporting some real nice vxr,s

also made the wife sit in a vxr and tryed to persuade her i really need one

Devon newbie
Posted by: Josh - 21:st-Sep-2014, 14:40:37 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (4)

hello, heres my astra j, its a 1.4 turbo sri in technical grey.

Display CD400
Posted by: nidzo - 21:st-Sep-2014, 11:50:29 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (1)

looking for cd400 display, and someone to send it to croatia

TESCO Diesel warning
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 21:st-Sep-2014, 10:13:39 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (1)

Diesel warning

It would seem there are problems down my way with Tesco Diesel so please be aware of this...

Some have said it's got paint stripper in.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11.../#comments

tuning box
Posted by: tucpal - 21:st-Sep-2014, 09:12:06 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (2)

nice bit of kit here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorney-Motors...2c8b771b7a

19" wheels
Posted by: Cameron UK - 20:th-Sep-2014, 18:19:03 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (7)

seller sAid they are 5x105 off a 1.4t
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271604753136