Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,096
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 815
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 438
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,602
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 753
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 365
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,191
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 692
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 731
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 489

Astra J 5-Door Irmscher Spolier
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 18:th-Jan-2015, 18:25:33 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (1)

Looking for one of these

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Irmscher-Ro...tra-J.html

pins
Posted by: tucpal - 18:th-Jan-2015, 17:01:44 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (8)

part numbers and link if possible
for the rear slider pins on the rear brakes
i am after the ones with the rubber sleeve on the end.

water loss
Posted by: Migwell030744 - 18:th-Jan-2015, 00:45:55 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (3)

I am loosing coolant about 250ml every 2 months. As the car was in for a recall re the coolant fan overheating problems which they phoned just before Christmas about I asked if it could have anything to do with my problem of the water loss.
I was told that the radiator fan on some 1.4 T Astra’s were overheating and the cure was to remove the battery cover. At that point I burst out laughing. The battery cover is nowhere near the radiator let alone the fan, so how will the removal of the cover help with an overheating problem? I do get a smell in the car like a radiator has boiled over, after about 8 miles and wondered if there was a known fault with an internal leak. After that I was told that the car needed booking in later for investigation and it would need plugging into the workshop computer to see what fault code came up. For that check I would be charged £79 +VAT. When I heard that, my comment was, yes there will be a fault code no doubt, as a warning has come up on the dash display to tell me the coolant level is low. But it will not tell them where the leak is at. Next told they could not examine the car without having it analysed. So you are expected to pay £94.80 inc. VAT to have the computer tell them what I just told them. There has never been any fluid on my driveway, so I expect there must be some sort of a leak within the passenger compartment of the car. A small one at that, as it takes quite some time for 250ml to be lost.
What ever happened to customer service, and mechanics who know what they are looking for and able to use logic?
Not at Bristol Street Motors in Newcastle

Waxing new paint
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 17:th-Jan-2015, 17:02:44 - Forum: Detailing - Replies (8)

Well today I went to the Meguiars seminar.

We were told that if you go to a body shop or a paint a part yourself you should not wax it for 60-90 days, this allows the paint to harden properly. If you do wax before the 60-90 days the paint will be soft.

They said you can polish fresh paint.

3SDM Alloys
Posted by: SI SRI - 16:th-Jan-2015, 23:24:55 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

I have been offered a set of 19" 3SDM Trendsetter 0.05 alloy wheels in black. Any ideas if they will fit to the J? I have seen them on VW's and Astra H but unsure what they would be like if could fit.

How to remove Wing Mirror Covers, Astra j
Posted by: tucpal - 16:th-Jan-2015, 10:44:00 - Forum: Exterior How-to's - Replies (12)

How to Remove the Wing Mirror Covers
on the Astra J and will also Apply to the GTC.

It is best to use a Trim Tool for this job
take your Time and Do not be heavy handed.

Start at the Top of the Wing Mirror
take the Trim Tool and push it in between
The cover and the Mirror Housing
you can use your finger nails to get it started
there are Two Clips at the top.

Work you way along to the Corner
there is one Clip at the Edge.

Gently Pull the Cover away from the Housing
but not all the way off just yet.

Now use the Trim Tool and work
on the under side again there are Two Clips.

There is one more Clip to undo
and this is the Tricky one
lift the Cover so you can get the Trim Tool in
it is best to fold the Mirror in also this will help
and lift the Clip away with the Trim tool.

The Clip you are trying to get to looks like this.

It is very Possible to snap this one
but it will fit back just fine without it.

The cover will now be free from the Housing.

To Refit the Cover
do it in Reverse order.

Just be careful and dont rush
it is Possible to snap a clip if you are
heavy handed so take care.

What's in your boot
Posted by: thomasjones1984 - 14:th-Jan-2015, 15:31:03 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (13)

I'm looking at making a kit that's always kept in the boot.....
De icer
Scraper
First aid kit
Blanket
Gloves

Any other suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad puts sons car up for sale
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 14:th-Jan-2015, 13:54:08 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (2)

this is a great one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/my-teenage-son...418e33f76f

Diesel particle filter
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 14:th-Jan-2015, 11:00:17 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (3)

ok so after getting car back think the calliper wasnt just the issue, been reading abit of on-line stuff and found some information about it the DPF.

Now after so many miles some light should come on the dash to show you the car is going through a regen.
Now I have done over 20,000 miles since having my car and I have never seen this light on.

Should I be asking vauxhall why??

Does this DPF ever need changing?

Noise from engine
Posted by: SI SRI - 13:th-Jan-2015, 15:32:53 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (8)

Since driving the car today I have started to hear a noise from the engine that haven't heard before. When I accelerate in 2nd and 3rd gear it's sounds like a hair dryer. It's not loud but can notice it. Any ideas? Could it be anything to do with turbo?