Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,920
» Latest member: RaymondFEX
» Forum threads: 4,549
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Help Please :(
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Technical
Last Post: Rusty2009
16:th-May-2024, 18:49:34
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
Astra remap
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
13:th-May-2024, 17:38:11
» Replies: 0
» Views: 114
coolant pipe part number
Forum: Request for information
10:th-May-2024, 17:41:23
» Views: 427
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
7:th-May-2024, 07:34:19
» Views: 103
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,369
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Views: 900
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 561
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,697
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 892
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 416

Soldering Iron
Posted by: sheppy1 - 13:th-Feb-2015, 17:15:00 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (13)

Hi all,

looking to buy a soldering iron to carry out a few of the projects on my astra and on a budget as I have spent a lot this month on the car and will be spending more this month. I have done a lot of research and shopping around and found this butane soldering iron:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331451163471?_...EBIDX%3AIT

My fear is that it may be too big for the tighter areas in the car, anyone use this or one like this or would i be better of with something smaller like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-But...ron+butane

Thanks

Rear Griffin Emblem Removal
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 13:th-Feb-2015, 14:01:01 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (13)

Does anyone know if the rear Griffin Emblem badge is stuck on or clipped on? I really want to remove it.

My Astra J Active 2012 - Previously posted on AOC
Posted by: ellz94 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 23:57:06 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - Replies (3)

Please see my previous thread on my car. Not quite sure how to post it all again on this forum. But the link is below....... Thanks

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showth...p?t=701126

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL / Xenon retrofit
Posted by: matteh88 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 18:37:47 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (6)

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie:

I've been looking at getting someone to retrofit the AFL Xenon kit on the Astra GTC 3 door SRI.

Does anyone know if Vauxhall themselves will do it? and what sort of price will it cost to get the work done?

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies

Regards,

Matt

Fitted the badgeless grille!
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:48:48 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

Before:

During:

After:

Love it!

How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:32:06 - Forum: ICE - Replies (138)

Today I made it my mission to fit my Fli 12" subwoofer into my Astra.

Tools you will need:

Speaker to RCA converter: £6.99 from eBay. I suggest this one as it fits snug behind the CD unit: HERE (see photo below)
Screwdriver set (a few sized flat and phillips)
Electrical Tape
Patience & Time.

First of all you're going to want to remove the stereo system. If you're unfamiliar with how to do this, there is a How-to by Rusty2009 HERE that shows you how to do this. Now you need to focus on the big wiring loom/plug that you pulled out of the CD unit and the speaker to RCA converter. Strip the ends of the converter speaker wires and double over to make them a bit thicker. Now look at the back of the wiring loom and it should look like this:

Use this diagram to help connect your speaker to RCA adapter to the correct terminals:

(This is a view from the front and remember, you're working from the back of the loom/plug)

To connect the terminals, just push them into where the current wire is sitting but make sure it gets a grip and doesn't pull out too easy. Once you've pushed all four speaker cables in firmly it should look a bit like this:

Now make sure you re-wrap the group of wires up with the rest of the wires to save them from coming loose and/or falling out.

The reason I recommended the converter I have done is because it sits perfectly behind the CD unit:

I then attached the remote on/off (antenna) cable to the spare terminal in the cigarette lighter the same way as I did with the CD loom/plug.

It's now up to you how you run the cables through to the back of your car. I ran mine underneath the door trim through into the boot.

Another issue that may arise is getting the power cable from the engine bay into the passenger foot well. I used the biggest phillips screwdriver I had and from the the passenger foot well, pushed the screwdriver through the grommet (be careful not to catch any cables). Once I could see the screwdriver from the engine bay side, I taped the power cable to the screwdriver and pulled it back through. This may take a few attempts (electric tape doesn't work).

Once you have the power cable linked up to the battery and inside the car just transport it to the boot as neatly as you can.

For the earth cable, there's an earth point in the right hand light panel in the boot. All I needed was a 10mm washer and nut and the sub was earthed.

Link all the sub cables up to the sub, cross your fingers and crank the stereo up!

If you need anymore pointers, give me a shout in this thread.

Evenin' all!
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:22:23 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

I'm Carl and I own a 2012 Astra 1.7 CDTI in "Technical Grey".
Mods/upgrades: Tinted tail lights/high brake light, debadged grille, subwoofer install.

Rear Seat Clips
Posted by: sheppy1 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:06:53 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (26)

Hi Guys,

So the cowboy who fitted my seats appears to have not done the back one properly and/or broke the clip while doing it. Basically the back seat isn't clipped into the actual base properly so I can lift it up really easily. From feeling around it feels like one of the metal prongs which is covered with a black plastic clip isn't actually clipping into the base properly...it actually feels like the black plastic clip is broken.

Does anyone know where i can get another one of these from?

Thanks

Hello everyone
Posted by: KAS7866 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 14:43:25 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hello everyone

I recently got a Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti, its fully spec apart from AFL which is a shocker!
Im looking to get VX line 19s on this and tints soon.
Here are some pics below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347[/ATTACH]

Clean Leather Seats
Posted by: sheppy1 - 9:th-Feb-2015, 21:57:05 - Forum: Detailing - Replies (4)

Hi Guys

Looking to clean the leather seats that I now have and wondering if the Autoglym conditioner would be enough or if i should be using the cleaner first followed by the conditioner? Never really had to properly care for any leather seating before and want to make sure i do it properly!

Thanks