Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,920
» Latest member: RaymondFEX
» Forum threads: 4,549
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Help Please :(
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Technical
Last Post: Rusty2009
16:th-May-2024, 18:49:34
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
Astra remap
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
13:th-May-2024, 17:38:11
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
coolant pipe part number
Forum: Request for information
10:th-May-2024, 17:41:23
» Views: 428
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
7:th-May-2024, 07:34:19
» Views: 103
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,371
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Views: 900
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 562
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,697
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 893
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 416

WHEELNUTS/ locking nuts
Posted by: Gazzer316 - 19:th-Feb-2015, 15:00:48 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (1)

Hi to you all I'm after wheel nuts and locking nuts to suit Astra alloy wheels Anyone got any for sale or were to buy Big thanks in advance!!!

Interior Trim Types
Posted by: sheppy1 - 19:th-Feb-2015, 10:05:25 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (114)

Hi All,

Have a double question here about the interior trim level on the Js. So from looking around I have found that there are at least three different trim level colours with regards to the centre console, door trim etc. What I mean by this is the colour of the plastic around the radio and on the door handles. The colours I have found are as follows:

Dull Silver (this is what I have in mine)
Shiny metallic silver
All black

I'm just wondering if there are any more that I'm not aware of though...?

Also while eBaying around I saw a photo of someones car that had a different coloured dashboard! (red coloured). I didn't think this was even an option but i love it!! (photo below). Does anyone know if this is a aftermarket job or if it's something you can choose when buying the car?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

recall
Posted by: tucpal - 18:th-Feb-2015, 19:26:13 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

so i have a recall today to remove the battery cover as it may block the cooling fan
and to check the cooling fan is not blocked or obstructed
funny as my car has never had the battery cover fitted but i did get one and fit it myself
so looks like i will remove this just to be on the safe side
i will give them a phone about this as i am not going to the dealers just to have them remove a battery cover
but i also know this is not a new recall and has been around for a while now.

Rear Fuse Box
Posted by: sheppy1 - 18:th-Feb-2015, 17:21:02 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

Hi All,

Have spoke about this with a few people on here before but just wanted to post some pictures of it now. This is the left hand side boot compartment which I believe is supposed to have the rear fuse box in it if I had one. Am I looking in the correct compartment for starters?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

owners manuals. astra j, astra gtc
Posted by: tucpal - 17:th-Feb-2015, 19:19:47 - Forum: Vauxhall General - Replies (2)

Here are some links to the owners manuals, hand books
for the Astra J and Astra GTC.

ASTRA GTC..owners Manual.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Va...2_MY12.pdf

Astra GTC information manual.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Va...2_MY12.pdf

ASTRA J..owners manual...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Va...02014).pdf

astra j information manual...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Va...202013.pdf

May come in handy if you have lost one.

HELP / advice
Posted by: Gazzer316 - 15:th-Feb-2015, 19:44:26 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (1)

Wanting to change brake/ clutch/accelerator rubbers What's best were to buy If you found I've put summat in wrong post section Don't dispair I'm sure I'll get it rite And big thanks for everyone's advice regards alloys!!!

instrument cluster
Posted by: texaspete1973 - 15:th-Feb-2015, 19:40:20 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (6)

Does anybody know if I bought a new instrument panel (speedo rev counter etc) is it just plug it in or does it need to be coded in

HELP!!!
Posted by: Gazzer316 - 15:th-Feb-2015, 19:29:43 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (2)

I there again not sure if I'm posting in rite place I want to change my brake clutch and accelerator pedal covers what's recommended and to buy them A big thanks to you all I'm sure I'll get better as I go along GAZ316

HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J.
Posted by: tucpal - 15:th-Feb-2015, 15:57:21 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (24)

HOW TO FIT AND USE A DTE PEDAL BOX...

Pedal Box,s can be found on ebay under DTE PEDAL BOX, VAUXHALL. and other sellers do them also
They are all the Same any Vauxhall one will Fit petrol, diesel, Corsa, Insignia, Astra H, ETC.
they all have the same Connector and do the same job Alter the Throttle Response    
second hand ones go from £60 to £120 and they do sell fast and it is well worth finding a used one
the V3 is the one to aim for.

DTE PEDAL BOX V3 Program Selection..

Choose four standard programs. These affect the overall driving experience. Do not change program's whilst accelerating.

SPORT mode.
SPORT Plus.
ECO mode.
OFF mode.

"SPORT"

In the SPORT mode, throttle response is improved slightly. SPORT increases throttle response by up to 16 per cent, making it suitable
for most situations.

"SPORT Plus"

For sporty drivers, we recommend the SPORT-Plus-Mode. SPORT-Plus incorporates optimal fuel consumption across the entire rpm range and is perfect for merging quickly with road traffic or when overtaking is required.

"ECO MODE"

The CITY mode is suitable for the stop and go of city traffic. It guarantees improved torque in the lower rpm range while the response is programmed to achieve economical fuel consumption.

"OFF"

We recommend the OFF mode for driving on very slippery road surfaces brought about by ice, snow or heavy rain.

..................................................  .............................................

Optimize the curve

Choose from six levels to optimize the curve. You can increase the curve through 3 levels and reduced it trough 3 levels. Do not change programme's whilst accelerating.

Select the Program you want on the Top button Sport, Sport Plus or Eco
Then add Plus 1 or plus 2,3 etc plus or minus Bottom Buttons to increase or decrees the curve setting you have desire.

PLUS CURVE.....  

Curve + 1.

Curve + 2.

Curve + 3.

MINUS THE CURVE.......

Curve - 1.

Curve - 2.

Curve - 3.

More information:.........

FITTING THE PEDAL BOX.........

STEP ONE...........

Above the Accelerator pedal you will see a Connector
with a brown Tab Pull the Tab out and Remove the Connector from the Accelerator.  

STEP TWO...........

Now take the Pedal Box Connectors there are Two
Take the Male Plug and Connect this to the Brown Connector you have just Removed.

STEP THREE........

Now take the other Connector and connect that back to the Accelerator
and Push the Brown Tab back in to Secure it back in Place.  

.....................................................................................

You now have the Pedal Box fitted enjoy and try the Different Settings.

VIDEO CLIPS......  

[video=youtube;s-WfeWet0Aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WfeWet0Aw[/video]

[video=youtube;EEKNsEbdIgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKNsEbdIgc[/video]

There are 3 types of pedal box,,

.........The V1..........

This has no buttons on the outside and uses Manuel pins you have to move around to change the maps
there are 4 maps And all four are adjustable by plus or minus three to make them weaker or stronger.

1, ECO,

2, SPORT,

3, SPORT PLUS,

4, AND ECO,SPORT

V1 MAPS...

.........THE V2..........

The V2 is the one on the left

The top Button is on and off
and it has Three Settings only
they are not Adjustable like the V1 and V3.

1. SPORT

2, SPORT PLUS

3, ECO

........THE V3.........

The V3 is fully adjustable and has three settings and easy to use buttons on the outside
All The settings can adjusted plus or minus by 3 settings to make them stronger or weaker.

1, sport mode.

2, sport plus mode.

3, eco mode.

See above in the Top Post for v3 Settings.

Hope this all helps
if you have any questions
ask here in this thread...

Mirror covers colour
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 15:th-Feb-2015, 14:36:18 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

Thinking of painting my mirror covers a different colour but what colour?

was thinking maybe silver lake.