Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,920
» Latest member: RaymondFEX
» Forum threads: 4,549
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Help Please :(
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Technical
Last Post: Rusty2009
16:th-May-2024, 18:49:34
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
Astra remap
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
13:th-May-2024, 17:38:11
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
coolant pipe part number
Forum: Request for information
10:th-May-2024, 17:41:23
» Views: 429
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
7:th-May-2024, 07:34:19
» Views: 103
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,374
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Views: 900
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 563
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,697
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 893
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 416

Chrome Trim Fog Light
Posted by: sheppy1 - 15:th-Mar-2015, 23:25:34 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (8)

Hi all,

Not something I'll be able to do any time soon but thought I'd ask anyway so that I have the info for when I am able to do it.

I wanted to have the chrome trim around the indicator / fog lights as mine doesn't have this. I've found the part I need which looks like this:

[ATTACH]500[/ATTACH]

It comes as the indicator/fog light holder and the chrome trim is separate. My question is whether or not I'd be able to install this chrome trim onto my current light holder or if I'd need to fit the whole part (with holder) in order to get that chrome trim?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 issues on my 1.7 astra
Posted by: richje100 - 15:th-Mar-2015, 20:43:15 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (13)

Hi guys, two things that have started happening so hoping someone has experienced them.
Firstly, on first start (so cold) while accelerating car sounds like screaming when you would normally hear a whistling. Goes after 10 secs or so and only on first start up.
Hoping maybe a small hole in boost pipe and not the turbo starting to fail!
Also got the "Turkey gobbling" noise back maybe connected?

Second I noticed at mcdonalds drive thru. Window down to pay and pressing brake pedal can hear a noise like a creaking spring. This doesnt go away only when i wind window up lol.

Cars going in for first mot tomorrow and the warranty is up on the 21st March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick pic of recent lighting mod
Posted by: cornishtaz - 15:th-Mar-2015, 18:00:02 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (5)

I carried out the twin reverse light mod and fogs in the reflectors. I'm not completely happy with the brightness of the fogs so I'm in the middle of trying something different.

Here's a pic of how it looks at the mo

Strange button
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 15:th-Mar-2015, 17:21:27 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (24)

Ok so today i brought a new car and sadly sold my black one.

But the new car has this

Alot of the cars in here i looked at has it when it has the alarm sensors in roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How-to Remove Door Trim
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 15:th-Mar-2015, 09:48:04 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (1)

How-to Remove Door Trim.

So first start by getting a trim tool and go about half way along the bottom.

Then work to left abit then to the right just use a twist method on the trim tool (be careful on the right side as there is a hook that can brake)

Then work your way up the trim go in from behind and again use a twisting method

Once the trim is off there is 3 screws that need to be removed as marked.

Once removed the trim will be lose

Get your trim tool and then get in behind the time and again using a twist method un-clip the bottom clip then just work your way up.

When you get to the top (around the door handle) you need to unclip top & bottom equally

On refitting start at the corner of the handle and work your way along then down.

Hids and Drls Fitted :hyper:
Posted by: DE5IRED - 14:th-Mar-2015, 23:04:32 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (12)

Hey guys

As some of you know I've recently purchased some hids and led drls and today
I had cornishtaz do the fitting for me and I'm literally over the moon with them it's honestly night and day compared to the standards.

I've just taken a couple of pics so thought I would share them

I want to give cornishtaz a extreme big thanks for fitting them and feeding me with all the Knowledge I needed he literally the gtc god lol many thanks again mate

TOP GEAR
Posted by: tucpal - 14:th-Mar-2015, 22:14:31 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (6)

So i take it you all know about the top gear scandal
and i am i avid fan of the show from the start but i was shocked today to find MR Clarkson
who i always assumed would have some sort of top of the range JAG or ASTON MARIN
NO NO NO he has a Renault Meagan RS 265 SPORT
i thought was getting old but just shows once a boy racer always a boy racer till the end

and i hope this is not the end

fuel filter, too much diesel came out
Posted by: grahamfromoldham - 14:th-Mar-2015, 15:56:06 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (10)

I filled the car up with diesel and drove to my friends house to do the oil change. After that we attempted the fuel filter by turning the drain screw. However, the diesel just kept on coming out and at just over 2 litres was lost we tightened it back up in the hope some knows why it didn't stop?
I was of the understanding that just the fuel out of the filter housing would come out.
Can anyone please help?

How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J.
Posted by: tucpal - 14:th-Mar-2015, 15:11:06 - Forum: Interior How-to's - Replies (9)

This How to will Stop Rattles that Appear to be Coming from the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area.

For a while now i have a Wired Rattle that seems to come from the Passenger Side Area
Around the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area and i have not been Able to Put my Finger on were Exactly it has been Coming From

I Noticed if i Pushed Down on the Console in the Headliner This would Stop
So i came up with a Very Simple Solution that works.

The Rattle is a Vibration Rattle Due to a Foam Block in the Console in the Headliner not being as Tight a Fit as it Should
This makes the Sound Travel and makes it Hard to Pin Point were it is Coming From  
So a very Simple Solution was call For and it Works.

Remove the Trim with the Two Vents from the Console in the Headliner
and inside at the Back you will see a Foam Block Simply Push a Sponge in between
the Block and the Roof this will Stop the Vibration Rattle that Travels to the Seat Belt Area.

This will also Stop Any Rattles you may have from the Console Itself also
Some have Suggested Adding Sticky Tads to the Trim but this Works just as Good Also
a Very Simple Solution But this Really has Worked.

Ahoy from Wales
Posted by: Ileigh361 - 14:th-Mar-2015, 00:14:34 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hello ladies and gents.

Name is Leigh and I'm from Newport, Wales.

Been thinking of getting an Astra for quite some time, couldn't make up my mind about which shape to go for and in the end, picked up a lovely little SRI, 14 plate about a month a go and I've not looked back since.

Pics will be available soon when I can dig my camera out, just moved house.

Looking forward to seeing you guys around!