Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,107
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 825
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 438
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,628
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 757
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 369
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,198
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 694
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 736
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 502

Buy Breakdown Cover online with Chris Knott for just £59.50
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 20:th-Mar-2015, 17:33:25 - Forum: Chris Knott Insurance - No Replies

If you're looking for UK Breakdown Cover you can now get a quote and buy online at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/rescue

It's a quick way to get a quote and arrange cover without going through the phone system.

Chris Knott's UK Breakdown covers HomeStart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery, Overnight Stay, Onward Travel, 24hr Hire Car, Relief Driver and Message Relay.

Other scenarios included as standard: lack of fuel, flat batteries, lost/broken keys and accidental tyre damage.

Cover for a single vehicle is just £59.50 but we can quote for upto 3 vehicles online.

If you have more than 3 vehicles to cover you'll still need to phone us on 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477.

Full details of our cover: http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/docs/ChrisKn...akdown.pdf

BUY ONLINE: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/rescue

Of course, you're still welcome to call us for cover instead if you prefer.

And don't forget we're here for your car insurance needs too

best regards,
Nick

GAP INSURANCE - from a car dealer? Really?!
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 20:th-Mar-2015, 17:30:54 - Forum: Chris Knott Insurance - No Replies

If you're buying a new car in the coming weeks you might also be considering GAP Insurance.

But do you really want to be buying an insurance product from a car dealer? Wouldn't you have more peace of mind if you used an insurance expert who can give you impartial advice that isn't connected to selling you the car? Chances are you'd get a better price for the cover too. A serious saving!

If you'd like us to quote for your GAP Cover or you just want advice please give us a call on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477). Alternatively, you can use our quote & buy facility at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP if you're looking for RTI/Finance GAP.

best,
Nick

PS. Don't forget to call us if your car insurance is due either. We have great rates available under our special car club scheme that members can enjoy.

Here's some recent car insurance feedback from happy club/forum members (many of whom are Vauxhall drivers it seems):

"Personal experience with Chris Knott: Great service, great prices, very pleasant and helpful people on the phone every time, so good I have 2 vehicles insured with them. Worth a go for anyone looking to insure, it's good to have someone support us enthusiasts." PeterG, SciroccoCentral

"Took my policy out with you guys this morning. Can't remember the lady I spoke to but she was great and told me everything that you guys need. Just waiting on the paperwork now so I can forward those documents you require. Great price too, beat my renewal by >£300!! Plus with a better excess and what appears to be a better policy. Top service! Thank you!" Ant21, *****

"Got a great quote from you guys the other week and signed straight away no questions - good policy and can't wait for it to start this week neither can kenny so he can actually drive lol. Thanks" Gizmo, *****

“Agree with all the above, great friendly company to deal with, beat every quote I got, they even beat a renewal quote from an insurance company I had bean with for four years” andy-v, Corsa-C UK

"Just spoke to Kathy @ ChrisKnott and managed to get me the best quote for my van, actually its half the price of my existing insurance quote, so really pleased and will go ahead with Chris Knott" BATVAN, *****

"I've been quoted £519 with Chris Knott, beating the quotes I've been given by other insurers, Ian Willis who dealt with me was very pleasant and professional and got everything boxed off quickly. Cheers!" Notepad, Note Owners Club

Hi from Chris Knott
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 20:th-Mar-2015, 17:24:50 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all following today's discussions with Russell.

I'm Nick and I'm on here representing my company Chris Knott Insurance. We have 30 years' experience of looking after the car insurance needs of car club/forum members. We'd love to help you save money too.

Check out our launch post here - VXOC INSURANCE SCHEME LAUNCH POST - which sets out our offering.

If you have any questions about us or of a more general insurance nature I'd be happy to answer them. We'd prefer to engage with you and contribute to the forum rather than just plug our products all the time.

Happy motoring!

best,
Nick

VXOC INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 20:th-Mar-2015, 17:10:21 - Forum: Chris Knott Insurance - Replies (23)

Savings, service and support
If you're looking for competitive car insurance, high service levels and all the ongoing support you need, we've got some great news for you.

CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE now offers VXOC Astra J/GTC members all of the above and more. We love car enthusiasts because you really look after your cars.

Simply call FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) quoting CODE: VXA-191 to find the right price and cover combination.

Testimonials
Here's what members have said about us just on some of the forums we work with:

"Mine's all sorted, signed and sealed with CK. Very quick and easy and, most importantly, an efficient/professional service. Compared to the original renewal from Churchill, CK were over £300 cheaper. Compared to the cheapest quote from the usual sites, they were around £50-100 cheaper." Akash - VWAudi Forum

"@ChrisKnottIns happy to say I've gone with yourselves as you were the cheapest and by far the best company to speak to. I've called all four insurance providers on this forum and they couldn't get anywhere near your quote. I have to say Kathy was a joy to speak to." P40ULW, Audi-Sport.net

"I will be joining Chris Knott Insurance shortly. They beat my best quote, and smashed my renewal by £232." Paul, AudiRS3oc.com

"ChrisKnottIns - just taken out a policy with the company. Beat my renewal by £1500. Cannot complain 1 bit." chrisbab89, West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club

"I've just quoted on the temp c max and had a smoking deal, had discount for being on the forum and another for second car. £240 comp protected no claims, on the c max (remember technically I've had my licence 1 year and me named on Nicci's policy). I'm paying for both cars what I was just paying for the v70r p2 last year, so it worked out good for me." Ettienne, Volvo Performance Club UK

"Have rang around the insurance companies that are sponsors on the forum. Chris Knott came out cheapest." ChrisST225, FocusSTOC.com

Regular contact on the forum
We'd like to get involved on this forum and be available for general insurance comment too. So if you have any insurance queries or if you're not sure about any element of our offering, please just ask - we're looking forward to 'talking' to you.

For your free car insurance quote, call Chris Knotts on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) quoting CODE: VXA-191 and find out how much you could save.

Chris Knott = better quotes for you
Of course, we have criteria set by the insurers we use so we won't be the best for everyone but if we can't help you it's not because WE don't want to. However, if you fit our scheme we'll work hard on your behalf to negotiate the best deal with insurers and that sometimes involves using an alternative quote as ammo to get them to budge.

We only quote over the phone as we've found online forms are never as good as the human touch.

When you call us we get a better feel for you as a risk and this results in a better quote for you - we currently sign up 45% of quotes. Will the next one be you?

Will you be saying what this happy customer said? "Insurance time again...used Chris Knott, all mods declared - cheaper than best quotes on two well know car insurance comparison websites....breakdown cover chucked in too." jamesy12345, Volvo Performance Club UK

Better service too
We don't operate hard-sell tactics and our sales people are not on commission. Instead we encourage staff to offer top-quality personal service, sound advice and all the ongoing support you need throughout your time with us.

Your needs are put first and we’ll work hard on your behalf to find the policy that is most suitable for your requirements. We want to treat you fairly – the same way we’d expect to be treated ourselves.

To ensure that you get a crystal-clear quote and the right price/cover combination, call us FREE at renewal so our highly-trained insurance experts can help.

Chris Knott Benefits Summary
• Competitive quotes
• Personal contact
• Impartial advice
• Your needs put first
• All the ongoing support you need
• Multi-car discounts/Loyalty Rewards
• Scheme INCLUDES Northern Ireland
• Highly-trained insurance experts
• 30+ years' experience of looking after car club members

Simply call FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) quoting CODE: VXA-191 to find out how much Chris Knott Insurance can save you.

Smallprint
The scheme covers most modifications (excluding nitrous, roll cages and bhp increases of more than 100 over stock). We can help with all the cars in your household. For most cars drivers must be aged over 19. Drivers of performance models must be aged 23 or over with 6 months' experience (sometimes 12) of the car or one of similar performance (for some models it's currently 25 with 12 months' experience - call us to find out about your specific car). All drivers must have held a licence for at least 1 year and have at least 1 year's NCB.

Quotes subject to individual circumstances including restrictions on claims/convictions (no more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction per driver). Some postcodes require the car to be parked off the road overnight. This scheme IS available to members in Northern Ireland.

This insurance scheme is administered by Chris Knott Insurance who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Retro fitting factory options
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 20:th-Mar-2015, 13:35:41 - Forum: Insurance Questions - Replies (5)

Does retro fitting factory options count as a modification?

TPMS (Tyre pressure monitor system)
AFL (Adaptive Forward lighting with Bi xenons)

Both of which make the car safer and I read somewhere that the EU are going to make it compulsory that all new cars have TPMS and Xenon headlamps.

I know it's a modification to the car but they are factory options and all genuine parts have been used rather than aftermarket light units.

New Car
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 20:th-Mar-2015, 10:03:58 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (20)

Ok so here is some pictures of my new car.

Although looks nice it come with a list of issues and thinking of just returning it I can be dealing with all this ***** again.

List as follows
- Never had a service for over three and half years, when they do service all they done was replace air flow element.
- Heated seats don't work
- scratches on the dash and glove box
- Oil leak
- Engine making a strange noise now and again, cant imagine how to describe it.
- Lied about the after market button, which is tied into the alarm system which came with the car.
- Boot carpet is all over the place, which don't stay put when you lift it.
- Flip key stays open, will not stay down.
- Tears in the rear of passenger seat
- Motor gone in the drivers mirror

FREE: LEDs for Boot/Glove Box
Posted by: sheppy1 - 19:th-Mar-2015, 22:59:04 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (9)

Don't suppose anyone wants a free pack of these bulbs do they? I bought a bunch of them as I was going to use them for the interior lights but they are too big...so can only be used for the boot light and glove box light. I used a few but have some left.

Photo is attached for reference.

[ATTACH]505[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some nice ebay finds
Posted by: cornishtaz - 19:th-Mar-2015, 19:23:50 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (1)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...GB&alt=web

Knowledge about my grill needed
Posted by: DE5IRED - 19:th-Mar-2015, 14:26:56 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

Hey guys

I've recently been away and just come back so back to making some changes
With the car.

I made a post not to long ago asking people's thoughts of what method to take to
Get my rear griffin black I've decided to book it in to a body shop as I wanted the easiest
Stress free option and I'm also getting them to do a couple of bits.

First things first I'm getting them to do the rear griffin gloss black and also getting them to colour match the grey plastic on the rear bumper. I was originally going to get a colour matched front grill off ebay but realised it's the same grill I already have so thought it would be best to just get it sprayed whilst having the other bits and pieces done.

I explained to the guy I want the grill colour matched with the car but I want the griffin on the grill sprayed gloss black and possibly the background of the griffin white like the car
He said that would be no problem but it depends if the griffin comes off the front grill I just wondered if anybody knew if it dose come lose off the grill I've tried to slightly prize it forward and it seems like it wants to just wanted to know if anyone could confirm.

Also dose anyone know how easy it Is to remove the front grill as he reckons it will be more in labour if they have to take the front bumper off to get the grill off I thought it was just a case of opening the bonnet and unscrewing it maybe I'm wrong tho.

Apologies for the essay

Gaz

How-to remove fog surround Facelift
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 19:th-Mar-2015, 08:44:32 - Forum: Exterior How-to's - Replies (12)

How-to remove fog surround Facelift

Tools needed
1x trim tool
1x cross head screw driver.

Ok so the first thing we need to do is pop the two covers off that are hiding the screws.

So we shall start with the top one, so grab your trim tool there is a slit which will allow you pop this cover of it's very tight.

Once it popped off so far you then need to pull it towards the back of the car.

Now onto the bottom cover, again there is slit for getting the trim tool in, and you just pull towards you (be careful I broke mine the first time I did it).

Now undo the screws one behind each cover.

Now pull the surround towards you from the grill side (Be warned there is a very flimsy plastic clip here that could break).

Once free then you need to pull the outside towards you.

Now you can change the indicator bulb if needed.

If you want to remove the fog light then undo the 3 screws marked in RED, the one marked green is for adjustment.