Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,813
» Latest member: Craig_Marvin
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,120
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 829
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 441
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,630
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 763
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 369
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,202
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 694
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 737
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 515

Heater Controls
Posted by: sheppy1 - 1:st-Apr-2015, 21:25:26 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (1)

Here I have for sale the heater controls which I removed from my car last weekend, they're in mint condition and work fine

Make an offer if you'd like them

Coolant Tank
Posted by: sheppy1 - 1:st-Apr-2015, 21:15:30 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (22)

Here I have for sale a coolant tank from my Astra J which had done around 23k miles before it was removed.

Make an offer for the part

Paint Trim
Posted by: sheppy1 - 31:st-Mar-2015, 22:25:34 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (9)

Hi Again! 

Sorry for posting a few threads in a row, basically trying to carry out some of the work on my car which has been bugging me since day 1 but on the cheap rather than shelling out loads of money which I don't have!

Right, so I've always wanted the chrome trim around the doors...it's going to cost £80 for the stick on trim which is out of my budget at present. Is there any way to paint this trim a different colour (maybe even glossy black)? Assuming this is possible but wondering if I have to remove it from the car first or if it would be possible to do it while it's on the car...if so, what would I need? 

Can carry out a quick Google to find out generic info on how to paint this trim but want to know from you guys who know Astra's well and have done similar work before! 

Thanks

Chrome Headlights
Posted by: sheppy1 - 31:st-Mar-2015, 22:17:33 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

Evening All!

Okay so not something I'll be able to undertake any time soon as i have a list of work I want to do which is growing by the day with less and less money to fund it! Ha. But I wanted to see if anyone knows if it is possible to install the chrome trim which sits inside the headlights? As with most of the other chrome trim, my car seems to not have this and I do wish I had it.

Probably going to be a full headlight swap I imagine but as I have no reason to do this other than the chrome I want, I thought I'd see if it's something that can just be added on cheaply

Thanks

Hidden Options
Posted by: sheppy1 - 31:st-Mar-2015, 16:45:25 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

Hi guys,

Right, I'm sure I remember being able to go into some hidden options in the trip computer when I first got the car which allowed to to turn things on like "auto reverse wipers" etc. Not sure how I got to these options though...Thought it was something like pulling both stalks towards me or something like that but nothing seems to work.

Anyone know how to get to these Options or was it just dreaming?

Thanks

Site changes
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 31:st-Mar-2015, 14:41:49 - Forum: Site updates - Replies (1)

Can all uses please take note that the site software has been changed, as a result some attachments were lost, some members maybe missing the following.

1. Avatars
2. Signature Pics (If added as an attachment)
3. Picture attachments in threads

There may also be broken links if you have linked to a thread on the forum.

I am in the process of finding all broken links within threads and fixing them.

Members with paid membership or who have donated all settings should be restored ASAP.

JJ'S Astra Progress thread
Posted by: Jj0063 - 30:th-Mar-2015, 21:24:00 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - Replies (123)

Hi guys,

New to the forum, been looking for a dedicated J forum & finally found one!

I sold my Vectra, had an Astra J for a short time and then got a BMW which I had for almost a year.. Kinda missed the Astra from day one but stuck with it.

With service and MOT time looming I decided it was time for a change.

I managed to find a garage with the right spec car and managed to get a straight swap for my 2009 BMW 320D for this 2010 Astra SRI CDTI. My BMW was worth a fraction more but I'm more than happy as I really wanted to be back in a Vauxhall.

It's a 60 plate Astra 1.7 SRI CDTI, 1 owner, full history, full MOT, 12 months warranty.

Couple of optional extras which were a bonus:
Sat Nav
Bluetooth
Voice recognition
Spare wheel kit rather than Goo/Pump.

Plans:

PIAA White DRL bulbs already done
Gloss black front grill, may even plastidip it.
19" Vauxhall wheels found on some high spec J's (Poss)
If not, a wheel refurb as these are kerbed
Tinted rear windows
Fit private reg & get some new pressed plates as mine are Chipped.

Any recommended mods for these? Cheaper the better!

Hope you like!

Cheers

Jordan

Can you lump 2 policy's NCB together?
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 30:th-Mar-2015, 21:04:33 - Forum: Insurance Questions - Replies (2)

NCB,

I have 8years NCB on one policy & 2years NCB on my 2nd policy, if both these policy's end when I take out a new policy can I add the 2years onto the 8years so it gives me 10?

CD400 CONTROLS [SOLD]
Posted by: tucpal - 29:th-Mar-2015, 18:15:03 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (1)

CD400 DISPLAY [SOLD]
Posted by: tucpal - 29:th-Mar-2015, 17:51:40 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (1)