Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,102
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 823
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 438
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,606
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 757
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 367
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,197
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 694
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 735
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 491

Front griffin removal
Posted by: cornishtaz - 6:th-Apr-2015, 20:58:14 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (1)

Anyone know is it possible to remove the front griffin and backing plate without removing the bumper

Inconsistent acceleration
Posted by: dutton84 - 6:th-Apr-2015, 15:51:51 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (3)

Wondering if anyone's had problems with the 1.6t when accelerating? It's mainly in 2nd gear, feels really jerky like the power to the engine is being cut.

Googled a few things. Someone said the ecu needs updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Consumption
Posted by: sheppy1 - 6:th-Apr-2015, 13:32:51 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

Hi all,

I just have a question about power consumption in my car. I now have the following extras in my car which all use power:

Lumbar support
Heated seats
Ambient lighting in doors and console
Extra boot light

Now bearing in mind I only have one fuse box too, am I likely going to have issues with the car not being able to hand out enough power any time soon?

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid questions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testing
Posted by: Simon Templar - 5:th-Apr-2015, 20:04:28 - Forum: Site help - No Replies

Admin testing for a member, please ignore.

How-to Extra boot light
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 5:th-Apr-2015, 14:36:22 - Forum: Lighting How-to's - Replies (65)

How-to Extra Boot light.

Ok so first of all you need to feel along the top of the side trim, you will fell there is plastic behind it but as you move along you will feel there is a bit you can push in.

Once you found that area you can start to cut (DO NOT CUT IT ALL WAY) do a small bit to begin with and then slowly make the hole bigger as you go just use try the lamp as you go.

Then make a loom up and feed it through the hole down and down into the hidey hole.

Next remove the rear boot trim, To do this pull the rubber off and then pull the bottom of the trim in towards the front of the car, then using a trim tool lever the top off.

Then feed the loom behind the side trim and work your way along (Sorry not many pics here as some bits you can't get pics of).

Again at the other end feed it up behind the side trim and then feed it to the light (If open the hidey hole and feel the factory loom that will help you with routing this one.)

When wiring up connect you positive to the green and Negative to the Black, then solder and heat-shrink or solder and wrap in Elec tape.

Pop your lights back in and hey pesto extra boot light is installed.

Airbag Light
Posted by: sheppy1 - 4:th-Apr-2015, 22:13:08 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (5)

Hi All,

Okay, just had something brought to my attention about the airbag light which would normally be on the dashboard next to where the hazard button is. I'm sure that I used to have a light which lit up and showed something about the airbag being enabled...Vauxhall also said that I should be seeing one...but it's not lit up now and i'm sure it used to be...Does anyone know what I mean and also know if it should or shouldn't be lit up...?

Thanks

Original Indicators [SOLD]
Posted by: sheppy1 - 4:th-Apr-2015, 17:38:28 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (1)

Door loom pin info req'd
Posted by: cornishtaz - 4:th-Apr-2015, 14:09:13 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (5)

Anyone know where to get the pins for the door pillar connector, mirror switch connector and mirror connector in the front door looms

parking sensors
Posted by: Gilmore - 4:th-Apr-2015, 14:04:45 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

Anybody ever had any trouble with them, mine has them front and rear, fitted by vauxhall from new I believe,  when I select reverse the automatically switch on, but yesterday when I selected reverse,  I only got a message in dash, saying 'parking assist off' and I am unable to switch them back on via the button on the facia

I didn't really like them when I first got the car, but now that they don't work, I'm missing them and realising I must of been relying on them a lot

Electric Folding Mirror Controls [SOLD]
Posted by: sheppy1 - 1:st-Apr-2015, 21:49:35 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (9)