Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,812
» Latest member: CraigBlids
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,081
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 811
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 426
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,596
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 749
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 360
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,185
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 689
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 728
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 487

smoked side repeaters [SOLD]
Posted by: tucpal - 1:st-May-2015, 13:18:06 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (4)

Front & Rear Bumper
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 1:st-May-2015, 08:07:22 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (17)

Im looking for a complete front and rear bumper. with parking sensors. Facelift would be best suited for me but can have per facelift.

If anyone sees any going anywhere please could they post a link here

Engine sounds funny...... Or not
Posted by: dutton84 - 30:th-Apr-2015, 09:07:48 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (15)

https://vimeo.com/126470389

Engine seems to have a weird clicking sound. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M32/M20 6 speed gear box crap?
Posted by: dutton84 - 29:th-Apr-2015, 11:44:44 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (9)

Just read that the gear box in my car ain't up to much. Is it true? It's fitted in all these engines

Astra: VXR / SRi Turbo 1.6, 2.0 / 1.9 CDTi
Corsa: VXR / SRi Turbo / 1.3CDTi / 1.7 CDTi
Meriva: VXR
Vectra: 1.9 CDTi / 2.2
Astra (M20): 1.3 / 1.7 CDTi

New car Astra SRi detail
Posted by: shaunwistow - 27:th-Apr-2015, 21:57:40 - Forum: Detailing - Replies (28)

Well as most of you know my new company car arrived. As it was driven from the dealership in Norwich it arrived with 175 miles on the clock. Within a few days I started the prep work for the forthcoming detail.

First up was to foam the car & give it a wash with Farecla G3 Body Prep shampoo. Then it was dried off with the awesome Big Yellow drying towel.

Next up was the wheels which were sprayed with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels.

Wheels pressure washed & then the bodywork was sprayed with Bilt Hamber Korrosol, which IMO is as good as Iron-X, in fact i'd say it's better as you get more for your money.

I was quite shocked at the amount of fallout on the car, bearing in mind it's brand new.

Car then pressure washed down & washed again with Farecla G3. I didn't De-Tar the car as when inspected there wasn't any Tar to be seen

Then the car was clayed using Bilt Hamber regular clay. I used the G3 shampoo which was left in my wash bucket as the lube. The car was quite clean & this was the clay after the whole car had been done.

Car washed again, yes you guessed it, with Farecla G3. This left the car squeaky clean ready for the next stage which was to be done within a few days. The above took 3 hours in total.

A few days later the car was taken to Shane at High Definition Detail as he kindly let me use his unit in exchange for a few beer tokens.

Car at this stage was relatively clean, so just pressure washed the dust off & then washed with Farecla G3 yet again. Dried with the Big Yellow & the nooks & crannies were blasted out by my mate Steve with a pet dryer. Car then taken inside.

I then dressed the tyres with Adams VRT & the wheels were then covered up to save any potential splatter from polishing.

Whilst I was doing the wheels, Steve polished the car using a Flex VRG, Lake Country Hydrotech Pad using SiRamik Prime. This is a very mild polish, its a perfect product to use as it acts as a base for the forthcoming coating which was to be applied.

Once the polishing was complete Steve applied the SiRamik SC15 coating.

The coating is quite oily, care is needed not to let it dry out, so the bonnet was split into 3. Once the area is covered the product was buffed off & whilst Steve was doing the next area I carried out a secondary buffing to make sure all of the product has been removed. This took about 90 minutes to do the whole car. A 2nd coat was applied which took about an hour.

Some pics after the coating was applied.

The coating cures within a few hours, but it takes a week for it to fully harden. A sacrificial layer of SiRamik Mist was applied over the coating which would allow the coating to cure without the coating being compromised by any rain which might fall within the 1st 7 days.

The coating has been on a test car for nearly 18 months and is showing the same protection as it was when 1st applied.

Car then taken outside, disappointedly the sun went into hiding.

The above took a further 9 hours in addition to the 3 hours spent detoxing the car.

The following morning I came out to this as it had rained overnight.

Many thanks to Shane for the unit & to Steve for all his work.

Hello from Sheffield
Posted by: shaunwistow - 27:th-Apr-2015, 21:54:09 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

How do from Sheffield

Took delivery of a brand new Astra 2.0 SRi in Seashell, upgrades are VXR styling pack, 19" alloys & Bluetooth.

I'm an avid detailer, so I'll be posting in the detailing section.

Cheers
Shaun

Hello!
Posted by: DC_ELiTE - 27:th-Apr-2015, 11:23:31 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (9)

Hi All

Signed up yesterday as I kept finding myself coming back to this forum for pictures and know how! Some of the work you have done to the cars is excellent and its giving me way too many ideas on how to spend my money!!

I bought a 2011 Astra J Elite 2.0 CDTi Eco with S/S back in November with 34,000 miles on the clock and have already fitted one of those aftermarket Bluetooth units (eBay) which I have got on fine with to be honest. 

After a few days of research I've just purchased the cables and adapters necessary to provide a couple of powered usb sockets in the glove-box so I can power my in car camera and charge my phone with much neater wiring as I am fed up with my 12V adapter being full. May even write this up if people think it would be useful?

I actually have a question regarding this, can anyone tell me where a suitable ground point would be near the fuse box to hook the black wire onto? The unit I have bought is this USB Adapater and I will be using a piggyback adapter in the fuse box, on fuse 6 (20A 12V Cig Lighter socket)

Lastly I work in a Datacentre, hence the name DC_ELiTE so if you ever need any advice or help with the hosting here just let me know, id be more than happy to help. I actually haven't received any activation email yet from the forum, checked my spam filters and junk folders but nothing?

Cheers

Phil

Today I mostly....
Posted by: CRNeo - 26:th-Apr-2015, 22:25:53 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

... de-badged the side and rears of my sports tourer, pretty pleased with the results.

Think tinted side repeaters, wind deflectors and badgeless grill next.

Fuel tank
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 25:th-Apr-2015, 13:55:45 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (17)

So after vauxhall having my car for a number of days.
My fuel tank is a baffle less tank.

Anyone know why? As i can hear the fuel and is f*****g annoying.

After market Reverse sensors
Posted by: sheppy1 - 25:th-Apr-2015, 13:37:00 - Forum: Retrofit Research - Replies (86)

Hey guys

Anyone know I which are the best type of aftermarket reverse sensors are that can be fit by a garage? It's something I'm thinking of getting in the future and see a lot of garages offering it as a service but don't wanna pay them like £150 and have them fit cheap rubbish ones, would rather buy my own and pay them to fit them.

Cheers