Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,153
» Latest member: Gatefta
» Forum threads: 3,529
» Forum posts: 43,931

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Sun Visor Replacement - H...
Forum: Interior How-to's
Last Post: Big Dave2
40 minutes ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 582
cd400 vs navi600
Forum: Electrical
Last Post: Rusty2009
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 0
OBD II scanner - what wor...
Forum: Astra-J/GTC
Last Post: Dennis S
7 hours ago
» Replies: 6
GTC Half leather seats fo...
Forum: Parts for sale
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
Yesterday, 21:21:23
» Replies: 1
auto transmission fluid c...
Forum: Mechanical
Last Post: niteram
Yesterday, 21:15:18
» Replies: 3
Sparkyscfc74’s progress t...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
Yesterday, 20:44:10
» Replies: 410
» Views: 2,394
Looking for a GTC parcel ...
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: phil67
Yesterday, 20:41:03
» Replies: 2
how too AMBIENT LIGHT ARO...
Forum: Lighting How-to's
Last Post: Skemess
Yesterday, 19:18:51
» Replies: 151
» Views: 30,159
Rear lightning cable colo...
Forum: Request for information
Last Post: DaanV
Yesterday, 13:13:37
» Replies: 5
Progress Thread Conor97
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
Yesterday, 07:00:49
» Replies: 16

Incase you missed it
Posted by: Cameron UK - 11:th-Apr-2014, 19:23:37 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - No Replies

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Not gonna tell you what it is but you might be able to help if you click the link!!!

Print this item

2 wierd issues
Posted by: Cameron UK - 11:th-Apr-2014, 19:21:23 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (11)

Hope you can help, the first issue is:

1. A strange noise coming from my front right brake when breaking, doesn't happen when im stood still and pump the brakes, the best way to describe the sound is like a ratchet getting tighter the harder i push the pedal.

2. A clunking/knocking noise only when i go over large bumps or potholes,

Please help

Print this item

Whirring noise
Posted by: richje100 - 11:th-Apr-2014, 18:41:29 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (13)

Hi guys, a while back car started making a whirring noise and vx came out with me and he said it was the engine discharging unused boost pressure. Since then it's been doing it an awfull lot.
I've uploaded a quick vid to youtube if anyone with a keen ear can have a listen You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Forward to about 15 secs and u can hear it when pressing in clutch to change gear. I can hear it on my phone if u can't let me know and I'll get the missus to hold my phone tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Print this item

Sri logo off front arch
Posted by: Cameron UK - 11:th-Apr-2014, 13:27:37 - Forum: Wanted - No Replies

If anyone has or is planning to debadge their car, please let me know if you have a spare badge. I'm painting them black and putting them on the inside of my car, need 1 more. Will pay postage and any costs, thanks

Print this item

How many minors on your test (be honest)
Posted by: Cameron UK - 11:th-Apr-2014, 13:25:44 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (9)

How many minors (or points, if your an OAP), did you get on your driving test, was cleaning the apartment today and found my sheet.

0 minors, passed theory and practical first time

What about you?

Print this item

Error showing up when selecting General options
Posted by: JohnL - 11:th-Apr-2014, 10:05:43 - Forum: Site feedback - Replies (3)

Tested in IE, Firefox and Chrome. Get the following issues when selecting "Forum Actions"-> "General Settings" you get the following error

"Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_select_option in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
P**** error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/sites/vxoc.org.uk/public_html/forum/profile.php(4822) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_select_option in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
P**** error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/sites/vxoc.org.uk/public_html/forum/profile.php(4822) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_select_option in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_select in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
P**** error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/vxoc.org.uk/public_html/forum/profile.php(4822) : eval()'d code(26) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_textbox in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
P**** error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/vxoc.org.uk/public_html/forum/profile.php(4822) : eval()'d code(43) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userfield_textbox in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4734
P**** error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/vxoc.org.uk/public_html/forum/profile.php(4822) : eval()'d code(59) : eval()'d code on line 1"

Print this item

Gonna be an uncle!
Posted by: Cameron UK - 10:th-Apr-2014, 22:56:45 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (4)

Got told today by my older sister I'm going to be an uncle, it's my first niece or nephew, 6 months and I'll find out which! Anyone got any gift ideas? I'm gonna start collecting newborn baby things ready!

Print this item

Epb orange light
Posted by: richje100 - 10:th-Apr-2014, 20:01:20 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (41)

Hey guys. Been having the orange lighting/spanner light coming on for a few seconds when pressing and releasing the footbrake. Now for the first time car wouldn't release the handbrake unless I push the epb button. This was starting car from standing still for about an hour. But it also started then died straight away as if it stalled but without any notice. Dropped kids to disco engine off for a few minutes and it released normal. Could this be the clutch switch? If I tell vx the light been on an off, handbrake wouldn't release and they hook up machine to see if a code would they charge me ? Also the engine beginning to sound really rough while accelerating. Got 1.7cdti 12plate, 24k on clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Print this item

AC
Posted by: Lewis6317 - 10:th-Apr-2014, 10:01:21 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

Well yesterday got bit hot in the car and I was forced to use the AC but when I turned it on I had a very strange and unpleasant smell.
Im thinking that could be the pollen filter but when I don't use AC and the fans are on cool I don't get a smell :(

Am I wrong and could be the pollen filter?

Print this item

rusty
Posted by: tucpal - 10:th-Apr-2014, 08:18:31 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (19)

rusty can you find me the part number for the rear brake pads for the 5 105 please

Print this item