Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,809
» Latest member: Triggertigger
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,661

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,004
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 776
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 389
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,535
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 701
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 331
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,133
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 645
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 688
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 457

EPB update
Posted by: tucpal - 1:st-Aug-2015, 00:20:08 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (17)

just had a service update for the EPB hill start assist done today
they said it has just come out this week 
this is to make the hill start assist less likely to kick in on smaller slopes when really it is not needed
apparently after lots of complaints about it coming on when stopping on uneven ground 
so keep an eye out for that one

HIDS go off after a few seconds.. Help!
Posted by: Jj0063 - 31:st-Jul-2015, 20:55:07 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (29)

Hi guys

I fitted a set of 6000k HIDS today and they work fine with the engine off, but if I start the car they will switch on then after a few seconds they flicker and go off, then won't come back on until I turn the engine off then switch them off then back on again.

Help?

PS please no slating that I don't have projectors! :) 

GAP Insurance from Chris Knott - phone or online
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 30:th-Jul-2015, 16:08:07 - Forum: Chris Knott Insurance - Replies (1)

Hi,

If you’re replacing your car soon - perhaps buying a new 65 Reg vehicle - and you’re thinking about protecting your purchase with GAP Insurance, why not ask us for a quote?

There’s a good chance you’ll save quite a bit of money over the dealer’s offering when you ask for a Chris Knott GAP quote - just read the Testimonials below. And as we’re insurance experts you’ll have the benefit of professional advice if you need it too.

For a free, no-obligation quote please call us on 0800 917 2274. Alternatively, you can get a quote online by using our quick and simple quote system if you prefer.

GET A GAP QUOTE

Our cover is a combination of Return To Invoice GAP and Finance GAP, giving you the best of both worlds. To find out more about Chris Knott Combination GAP please visit our website at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP/CombinationGAP

We look forward to helping you arrange cost-effective protection for your new car. All it takes is a FREE phone call to Chris Knott on 0800 917 2274 (now free for mobiles) or a couple of minutes online.

GET A GAP QUOTE

best,
Nick

PS. Oh, and if you’re tempted or feel compelled to buy your GAP cover from the car dealer, here’s a cautionary tale from an episode of BBC’s Rip-Off Britain last year… http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/why-peo...okers.html

Chris Knott GAP - Testimonials:

“Just wanted to say Thanks to Chris Knott for providing my GAP cover, dealer quote £300... Chris Knott £112. This is on a New Juke Tekna, upgraded alloys, spoiler." unrealuk, Juke Owners Group

“Got my GAP insurance through Chris Knott, half my dealers quote, will definitely approach them for a quote when my annual insurance is due. Having the support through Chris Knott and the club gives a good feeling.” Lobo, Yeti Owners Club

“Just done mine. Took about 2 minutes. Very user friendly." bagwafu, FiestaSTOC

“Thanks for the GAP Insurance info, just took it out £83.....Dealer wanted £399.” g1smo, Juke Owners Group

"Just got ours [GAP] through CK for £112 (for a Ford Kuga). Not bad for 3 years." AlfaJack, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"I bought GAP insurance at my local ford dealer when I purchased my ST. The price of it was £350 and thanks to signing onto this forum and Chris Knott Insurance I was able to cancel my current gap insurance as it was still in the 30 day period for a full refund and I've taken it out with Chris Knott for the price of £112.68. £237.32 back in my pocket! Thanks!" Ldube1992, FiestaSTOC

"Have to agree with this, CKI quoted much less than the dealer for the GAP insurance on my Skoda." velocemitch, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Agree completely about the GAP - probably would pay around 3 times the cost if bought through the dealer for the same insurance." actd, Juke Owners Group

"Just did the same for mine... great Service at a fantastic price!" Anthony Trueman, FiestaSTOC

VXR gear stick
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 30:th-Jul-2015, 00:10:03 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (7)

Wanted a VXR gear stick with gator in white stitching.

What's the difference
Posted by: bhalay207 - 29:th-Jul-2015, 08:52:28 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (5)

I'm off to pick up a new pollen filter for the car shortly. I have three options

1) Vauxhall one @ £24
2) Mann one at £14
3) Unipart one at £9

Whats the difference between the above. Surely a filter is a filter regardless?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Site feedback
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 28:th-Jul-2015, 23:14:18 - Forum: Site feedback - Replies (8)

How are members finding the forum.

As you know we had a few big changes.

1. Forum software.
2. New server.
3. New mobile theme for the members that don't use tapatalk on their device

refuel sign comes up while the tank still more than halfway
Posted by: sam2020 - 28:th-Jul-2015, 21:22:10 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

hi all
i bought a vauxhall Astra 2013 its cat D recorded (just one door was damaged and has been replaced ) but now i have problem with the fuel warning it comes up and when i go the the patrol station to fill it up i find the tank still halfway full
does anyone have this problem before or any idea how to sort it out?
also i would like to know if the car still under warranty or the damage has a voided it? because im thinking to take it back to vauxhall ( i have proof of the previous door damaged and its only the door so nothing to do with the rest of the car)
please advise
thank you

Steering wheel Switch Conversion
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 27:th-Jul-2015, 09:42:46 - Forum: LED Conversion's How-to's - Replies (1)

Steering wheel switch LED conversion.

Please see this how-to for how-to remove http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...el-Buttons.

You will need some PLCC-2 the amount needed varies depending on the switch I recommend the ones from this seller on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121277975850?_...EBIDX%3AIT I have had 100's of LED'S from this guy.

So you have the switch

First thing we need to do is open it up, there are 4 clips 2 each side un-clip them with a small screwdriver.

Once you've un-clipped one side you should be able to lift the backing off.

Now carefully you need to remove the PCB board and rubber cover (Not under this are little white plastic lugs which can fall out).

Next step remove the rubber and start your LED conversion. I've marked with a red line which is negative for you.

To get the correct polarity of the new LED you will see the corner is cut this is the negative end, see image below.

As with all electrical how-to's
we except no responsibility for any issues
that could arise all are carried out at your own risk.
If the how-to is followed correctly you should have no issues.

Auto Dimming Mirror
Posted by: sheppy1 - 21:st-Jul-2015, 20:22:38 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (11)

Yo Guys!!

Wondering how the auto dimming mirror is installed? Would it just replace my current bottom end mirror or would I need some additional parts like a cover or something?

I've found one on eBay which looks like this:

Steering angle sensor
Posted by: bhalay207 - 21:st-Jul-2015, 15:19:46 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (7)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301693462745