Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shark fin how too
Hi

Just sorting the parts to fit a calearo fm/am dab shark fin and I read that it will need 2 12 v power supplies. Is there a how too on fitting one of these as I don't fancy messing up looking for 2 12v to connect it to. Because to be honest i have never been any good with electrics and i don't want to make a mistake.

thanks 

Wayne
It only has 1 12v power.

Best place to take it from is the purple wire on the back of the 12v socket.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(18:th-May-2020, 09:38:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It only has 1 12v power.

Best place to take it from is the purple wire on the back of the 12v socket.

Hi Rusty so what you are saying i only need to attach only one of these power cables then? that makes it easier.
On the am/fm cable 7581119 from calearo there is one on there and there is one on the 7677937 shark fin for DAB that's where i got the info from their fact sheet on line. I'am guessing the power cable on the am/fm should be used because the DAB has its own power from the DAB module .
thanks rusty
Yes you get a cable in the box with the shark fin & one attached to the AM/FM cable (which can be pulled off).

Just use one of them personally I'd use the one on the AM/FM cable as it saves you running another cable then you can separate them a-bit at the front end.

Don't forget your need one of these also.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(19:th-May-2020, 07:46:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes you get a cable in the box with the shark fin & one attached to the AM/FM cable (which can be pulled off).

Just use one of them personally I'd use the one on the AM/FM cable as it saves you running another cable then you can separate them a-bit at the front end.

Don't forget your need one of these also.

Hi Rusty thanks for the info it is appreciated, have a list of part numbers you gave me in july. The adapter and am/fm cable came last week, just have the shark fin to find one at a reasonable price.
Yes the take some finding.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S