Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Smell?
Hi all,

I just picked up my Astra J SRi 1.6 at the weekend, very pleased so far.

Something I noticed today on a cold morning...

After driving 30 mins in traffic, getting out the car I could smell this 'warm' smell. Similar to the smell radiators at home give off when they're burning off dust.

I did have the heating on full, but just wondered if this was 'normal'?

Definitely wasn't burning, sniffing near the bonnet (and looking weird) definitely confirms it was coming from there.

My last car never had any strange smells, so just getting accustomed to what's 'normal'.

Thanks!
It's not something I've ever noticed, only smell I've had from mine is on a DPF regen.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(12:th-Nov-2019, 09:55:17)RadicalRooster Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi all,

I just picked up my Astra J SRi 1.6 at the weekend, very pleased so far.

Something I noticed today on a cold morning...

After driving 30 mins in traffic, getting out the car I could smell this 'warm' smell. Similar to the smell radiators at home give off when they're burning off dust.

I did have the heating on full, but just wondered if this was 'normal'?

Definitely wasn't burning, sniffing near the bonnet (and looking weird) definitely confirms it was coming from there.

My last car never had any strange smells, so just getting accustomed to what's 'normal'.

Thanks!

Hi could it be that the engine bay has been valeted and its just burning off the cleaners etc ?
my 1.6 petrol had a hot burning smell, smelled like hot oil,
I only noticed it when I stopped at traffic lights or when parking up
turned out to be the oil cooler leaking, well a small seap - just a drip now and then,
which just happened to drip onto the exhaust (hence the smell)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird burning smell and fan on 100% Sc0tty05 11 1,315 18:th-Apr-2017, 14:04:18
Last Post: Sc0tty05