Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker upgrades
i'm looking to gather some bits to upgrade the sounds in my 5 door.

I've read the how too;s but have a few questions

i will be keeping the standard CD400 head unit and use a rca converter to install my sub and amp in the boot but at the same time i will probably look to put some component speakers in the front doors.

Does anyone know the power output of the CD400? i'm guessing about 35-40rms?

i already have the standard tweeters in my dash, but do these have a crossover? if so i will just use the standard wiring. 

has anyone made their own mdf speaker rings for the doors rather than the plastic ones? i havnt had the door trims off yet so not sure what i'm dealing with, but on past cars mdf has always been the way to go for better sound along with some sound deadening.
IIRC it says on the radio the output.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(31:st-Aug-2016, 16:31:08)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.IIRC it says on the radio the output.

cheers rusty! i cant find any info anywhere online.... well not after a quick google anyway! :-) 

i'll get it whipped out at the weekend and take a look. 

i fear it wont be powerful enough to make any noticeable difference with comps and didnt really want to go down the route of amping the doors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speaker Trim no_name 3 0 24:th-May-2018, 10:58:33
Last Post: rentalcarsuae4
  centre speaker mrtc 2 804 4:th-Jul-2017, 07:28:49
Last Post: Dale90
  Blown Speaker bruce_19 8 1,188 30:th-May-2016, 20:42:08
Last Post: bruce_19