Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Window heater not working..
Hi all, Have a GTC SRI 2011. 

Had for about 4 months now but just noticed the rear window demister is not working, press the button, light comes on. but nothing.

Checked the fuse seems Ok, I am assuming its a bad connection or resistance problem, Or worst case scenario matrix buggered.

I tried to find where it connects but it all seems hidden :(
i had this when i had a bad tinting job and they broke the matrix on the rear window
anyone played with the rear window if not chsck the fuse
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Yeah fuse is fine. Was going to check the voltage reaching the matrix. But everything is hidden.
Remove the trim around the rear window and you will find them.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ah well done that was easy. It just popped off. Tab on rh side fallen of. Resolder and all good. Smile
(9:th-May-2016, 07:04:37)Roden Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ah well done that was easy.  It just popped off.  Tab on rh side fallen of.  Resolder and all good.  Smile

Glad you've got it sorted.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for your help, was so easy i didn't realise the trim came of so easy Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASTRA J CONDENSATION IN FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS! LukeAstra15 7 2,196 9:th-Jan-2016, 18:45:36
Last Post: tucpal