Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Progress thread Rusty2009
Looks awesome mate, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
love the theme you got mate for the navi....
[Image: Lewis_zpswvvuzf0s.jpg]
Ok so it's been abit of up & down for me with the car the last few months.

The car has been in the dealers since Thursday morning due to the overboost issue again.

I'm convinced they are driving it around and someone has taken it home for the weekend, this has made me finally buy a tracker device for which I've brought this

It's a rewire security nano TK102.

[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi600/900, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system & Towbar.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hey Rusty,
I have read your thread and must say the car looks great, i noticed you updated the screen inbetween the speedo and rev counter to the new layout. How did you go by this please? Cheers
Ok so I got my car back Monday.

They replaced the SCV and the car seems fine now feels much better & my MPG has started going back up to.

But while they had my car they used it as a taxi to ferry staff between branches, also used for a member of staff to home in and as a mobile disco to point the speakers were distorting the music.

Another member of staff was making phone calls while driving.

Eden's MD attitude is they can do what they like with my car while it's "in there care" & he wishes "he never gave me the VIP treatment".

There is also a scratch on the passenger side wing that wasn't there when I dropped it off, but like an idiot I didn't check it before taking it away.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi600/900, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system & Towbar.
not good mate go to trading standards
My car was recently in for its second service at the main Vauxhall Dealer in Leeds.

I left my dash cam in the car, it's not hidden so could be seen. After completing the service, they took my VXR out for two road tests and visited the local McDonalds as well.

The camera captured their enthusiastic driving and the drive through visit. To cut a long storey short, this behaviour must go on all the time. As the camera captured their antics, the service manager refunded my money. Garages cannot use your car without your permission, I would report this to the police as they should explain to you that they will need to do a road test and use trade plates whilst doing it. Not use it as a taxi, this is wrong and needs reporting!
I always leave my camera in as it's hard wired. I check it without fail to see if anybody has driven my car when it's been left with them. I'll do the same when I leave it with APH in Birmingham when I go on my jollies

My camera they normally unplug as I caught them out telling me lies.

They can clearly see the camera.

Here's a small clip of the one who used his mobile while driving.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Idiots! That's shocking!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep in your insurance it says that anyone using your car must have your permission and if its a vauxhall dealer go to vauxhall directly and also see if they have security footage and tell the police as srea064 said

I'm waiting to hear back from Vauxhall I sent an email direct Vauxhall's MD he's passed it onto the head of complaints.

I can't the Police will do anything.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Apr-2017, 13:31:09)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My camera they normally unplug as I caught them out telling me lies.

Should have turned it off before you left the building. Clearly common practise then.

(11:th-Apr-2017, 02:34:47)bhalay207 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(9:th-Apr-2017, 13:31:09)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My camera they normally unplug as I caught them out telling me lies.

Should have turned it off before you left the building. Clearly common practise then.

Yep i agree with you! Its disgusting that they think they can use our cars

I'm thinking of getting the same rims as there is on sale here in Australia from a GTC as well. I have the 5 door sports tourer in SE/Elite trim (its called 'Select' here in Australia when it was sold) so standard suspension.

Do you have a recent photo of your car side on with the standard suspension, also what tire size do you have 235 40 R19? The GTC ones are slightly bigger with 45 series.
(21:st-Apr-2017, 01:30:13)sanj424 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm thinking of getting the same rims as there is on sale here in Australia from a GTC as well. I have the 5 door sports tourer in SE/Elite trim (its called 'Select' here in Australia when it was sold) so standard suspension.

Do you have a recent photo of your car side on with the standard suspension, also what tire size do you have 235 40 R19? The GTC ones are slightly bigger with 45 series.

I don't but will get one for you when I next go out.

Yes tyres are 235/40R19.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It's been a little while since I did anything so here we are. 

Newest retrofit factory fitted the Infinity sound system

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Nice work mate, looks like a really easy, beginners retro fit that everyone should give a go lol
(2:nd-Aug-2017, 09:11:55)stigeye Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Nice work mate, looks like a really easy, beginners retro fit that everyone should give a go lol

Lol, The dash doesn't have to come out I just wanted to get all the wires ran nicely as if it came out the factory. but I then found myself spending 2 days re-running all the other retrofit wiring I'd added so they look factory and also tidied up any additional wiring I've added for other things.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Good call, I always find myself spending 20 minutes on figuring out how to run wires properly and then 5 minutes to actually route them. And then when finished I find myself rerouting them once or twice more Smile
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Well nothing major to report but the car passed her 3rd MOT today without any issues, tomorrow is her service.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Got a couple of pics while she was having her service.

[Image: e1872afefedc9a99cf985e51b9f24d32.jpg]

[Image: 69d7135caa55fbb29453ebe59f5cca4d.jpg]

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi @Rust2009, great build thread has given me a LOT of ideas for my sports tourer I'm picking up soon.

I know what my build theme for the car will be and would love to change the needles out to being white with a green LED for illumination and noticed you have gotten all white needles here.

Are these something you bought, or is it the original red sanded down?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(7:th-Oct-2017, 13:55:18)umognog Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi @Rust2009, great build thread has given me a LOT of ideas for my sports tourer I'm picking up soon.

I know what my build theme for the car will be and would love to change the needles out to being white with a green LED for illumination and noticed you have gotten all white needles here.

Red needles I just used some Halfords rubbing compound to remove the red.

I did a green conversion for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. which will be coming back to me soon if your interested in any parts?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Oct-2017, 07:45:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(7:th-Oct-2017, 13:55:18)umognog Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi @Rust2009, great build thread has given me a LOT of ideas for my sports tourer I'm picking up soon.

Red needles I just used some Halfords rubbing compound to remove the red.

I did a green conversion for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. which will be coming back to me soon if your interested in any parts?
Might possibly want the display if it is up-level. Picked it up yesterday and paid more attention to what had learned from the differences in here.

Think I have what is referred to as a mid-level display? Full size lcd, but shows one page at a time rather than multiple readings at the same time.

The (sort of) downside for me is the programming, i am all the way up in Scumdee (Dundee) so it's a heck of a round trip to resolve it. It's only a downside as it would be a fun drive, just difficult getting time before next summer.

Beyond the display I will probably pass as it is a blue & green combo.

I read earlier this morning that you did a two-colour change in the centre console ambient light, do you happen to know which thread I will see a picture of what that looked like?

No it just the mid level.
If you PM you reg/vin I can look into you spec and getting a multiline.

You wouldn’t need to travel it can be done via the post.

Ok the blue I can ones I can change to green.

No ive never done one of them multi coloured not sure how that would work.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers Rusty.

I've been having a think about it for a while and suspect I will be tinkering with an attiny or an atmega controllers and some double sided PCB, but want to take the IPC and gator units apart to look at space for it all first as the microcontrollers will also require Bluetooth to sync & to allow me to reprogramme anything that is off.

Will pm you the reg for now though to know what the options are for the display. Had no idea the reprogramming could be done by post, need to learn a lot more about how this works with modern cars, vci request etc just for my own understanding of limitations and requirements.

Whilst you a real reading, loved the rear reflector LED/double reverse light upgrade!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 103 8,326 3:rd-Oct-2017, 11:19:51
Last Post: Jonathaneuk
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 181 14,700 28:th-Sep-2017, 10:31:04
Last Post: mw2299
  MW2299's Progress Thread mw2299 12 315 25:th-Sep-2017, 21:16:05
Last Post: Dooks
  Progress thread: Frank's Insignia zzattack 18 980 8:th-Aug-2017, 09:01:34
Last Post: zzattack
  Progress Thread: Sheppy1 sheppy1 1,746 135,556 31:st-Jul-2017, 12:17:09
Last Post: Jon_es
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 90 9,099 12:th-Jul-2017, 13:51:58
Last Post: AlexFitton
  Hummels´s progress thread Astra GTC 2,0CDTi Hummelshøj 24 3,947 2:nd-Jul-2017, 18:42:45
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  GTC 2.0CDTI Slow Progress KRISGTC 8 1,400 30:th-May-2017, 13:03:02
Last Post: KRISGTC
  Progress thread: Kieran Kieran 20 1,964 29:th-May-2017, 20:15:22
Last Post: gerry
  Progress thread: Tonto Tonto 548 53,681 5:th-May-2017, 00:06:08
Last Post: Tonto