Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front suspension knock?????
Hey guys, I’ve recently noticed that driving over uneven/ rough roads that I’m getting a knocking noise, if I hit a pothole or large bump there’s nothing but any sort of slight bumps or similar and I’m getting lots of knocks like the anti roll bar bushes are shot, last weekend I got it on my mates 2 poster ramp and got the pry bar out checking everything and it’s all completely solid, but for how cheap they were I fitted a pair of new drop links thinking it could only be them but no joy, all my shockers are clean and bone dry and springs are perfect and I lowered the car so the tyres were about an inch off the ground and put a long pry bar under each wheel to check the top mounts and no play whatsoever, please help???? Oh also it’s a 1.4 Sri on a 65 plate with 40k miles thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it do it when the brakes are applied?

The knocking coming from mine turned out to be the brake pads rattling in the callipers. Drove me mad trying to find where the noise was coming from. A slight bend of the anti rattle shims was all it took to cure the noise.
No mate it does it during normal driving, I’ve read somewhere before about there being a problem with the brake pad shims but I’ve had a good wiggle of each and there’s nothing ????

Could be the top mount they can fail or start to come apart had it on mine and there was no play it was only when changing the shock we found it.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(16:th-Mar-2019, 09:36:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Could be the top mount they can fail or start to come apart had it on mine and there was no play it was only when changing the shock we found it.

I’ll check that out cheers rusty, I’ve de catted my car today, searched high and low for a 4 branch manifold for it with no joy so took the gamble and ordered one off a Vauxhall corsa c 1.4 twin port and it fits perfectly and even mates up to the same flange at the bottom right next to the flexi joint, noticeable increase in power but has now given a slight rasp on initial revs, I’ll soon sort that with an extra resonator box sleeved into the system but has transformed the drivability as I was for getting rid of it for being so damn underpowered

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front windscreen carlotwelding 7 0 5:th-Feb-2019, 21:35:09
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
Sad Rear electric windows & front fogs problems... Griifter 18 0 30:th-Aug-2018, 20:01:30
Last Post: Griifter
  Front knocking Patrick050289 4 418 4:th-Jan-2018, 10:24:57
Last Post: Iaintruten
  GTC Front Road Spring Query ed-b 0 92 28:th-Oct-2017, 19:06:15
Last Post: ed-b
  Delayed thump after braking from front of gtc bigsadie 7 281 5:th-Sep-2017, 15:19:57
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Front Bumper Garthur 1 357 2:nd-Jun-2017, 07:15:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Dry, almost grinding type noise from front wheels / discs area rbull51 2 591 12:th-May-2017, 11:17:58
Last Post: Big Dave2
  PDC on VXR front bumper Hummelshøj 7 927 10:th-May-2017, 17:16:15
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... Vx-Mad-G 10 1,061 5:th-Mar-2017, 19:57:53
Last Post: bannan
  Astra j vxr front seat Custerz90 6 1,079 22:nd-Feb-2017, 17:44:55
Last Post: tucpal