Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric windows
Periodically the front windows on my Astra open either halfway, or fully. The car is always locked and windows are fully closed when left. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions? My local garage have not heard of this before.
Yes it was a very common problem on early astra-j's with only front electric windows Vauxhalls answer was to disable the feature for quite some time until they issued an update to the software.

Also if you keeping the key in a pocket or bag you can find your pressing the button without knowing there for unlocking the car & opening the windows.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is in Kettering he can disable the feature or apply the update if it's not already been done.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  misting up windows tucpal 8 2,009 3:rd-Feb-2021, 23:57:21
Last Post: irishastraowner
  Windows in car condensed on inside irishastraowner 8 1,677 17:th-Feb-2016, 13:14:49
Last Post: Lewis6317