Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRL Bulbs Keeps Dying
Hi all,

I have been having an issue recently where my DRL's keep dying. I initially thought it was just the original bulbs but i have since replaced them in May and again in July. They don't go at the same time and i haven't noticed any other electrical issues. Does anyone know what might be causing it?

I have put i link to the bulbs that i am using, just in case that is of any use

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thanks in advance for the help!
It might just be that they are cheap unbranded bulbs
I'd be temped to buy a known brand (osram or piaa etc)
both mine died within a week of each other, I fitted bosch ones from halfords (standard clear bulbs) which are still going strong 12 months later
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard
You can always take a look around in this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

But yea, possibly bad quality bulbs?
we used to have problems with the Volvo DRL bulbs
genuine ones would last years, cheap ones about 6 weeks
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5000K Halogen bulbs sheppy1 19 2,267 19:th-May-2018, 21:44:06
Last Post: Weemark
  Halfords DRL bulbs any good? Vx-Mad-G 6 307 7:th-Feb-2018, 18:43:35
Last Post: niteram
  Astra J 2012 5 door HEADLIGHT + SIDELIGHT BULBS LukeAstra15 17 2,215 7:th-Oct-2017, 08:02:02
Last Post: umognog
  Bulbs and lighting upgrades for Astra J and GTC - complete list for reference Rusty2009 71 28,123 25:th-Sep-2017, 07:23:38
Last Post: Rusty2009