Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOOR CHECK STRAP STOP FRONT RIGHT Making clicking noise
Hyper hi Guys,
I am having noise on the driver side door and it is making clicking noise. Do I need to replace it or I can twist and remove it

(4:th-Aug-2019, 19:56:56)caretaker Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hyper hi Guys,
I am having noise on the driver side door and it is making clicking noise. Do I need to replace it or I can twist and remove it
Please see attached pictures, as I could not upload the pictures from ipad. I was watching you tube on the Vectra and the guy was turning around the check strap door hinge.

I don't know if you can do this on this particular model Astra j elite 2011 Model.

Sorry I could not upload the image, so I have used the external website, so you can see the image.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Hi, mine has just statrted clicking, but on closer inspection the bolt that holds it to the A pillar is loose,
I'll have to tighten it tomorrow and see what happens
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I've just tightened the retaining bolt and my noise has now stopped.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Hi Niteram,
Mine still makes the clicking sound, as I tighten the bolt and still makes the sound , so now I need to change the right hand strap and I think I will have to remove the trim card off from the door.
Thank you for your reply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head repair weird air noise? trevorgetty@aol.com 5 0 1:st-Apr-2019, 15:39:45
Last Post: trevorgetty@aol.com
  Front coil springs ericzed1962 0 0 11:th-Nov-2018, 21:23:40
Last Post: ericzed1962
  ghost noise twisted spanner 6 715 2:nd-Apr-2017, 20:50:46
Last Post: jason.dexter
  GTC 2.0 cdti front pads tatters40 1 932 7:th-Mar-2016, 22:04:02
Last Post: irmartyn