Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch
There was a recall on the clutch with engine code A20 DTH found in the 2.0cdti Astra and other models.if your car is less than 8 years old from the time the buttlin was issued I believe your car is untitled to it for free,if you have the following issues, load reversals knocking. When u accelerate in any gear at any speed then lift off there is a slight knock? On and off accelerate and listen for knocking.best to get the dual mass flywheel done aswel but you must pay for the dmf.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for that, I don't have any issues with my clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi600/900, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system & Towbar.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Mine does actually knock but just put it down to it's an Astra thing. I get like a sort of click when I lift off too, I'll give Vx a ring!

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
I just want to rectify what I said.. it wasn't actually a recall. It was a buttlin. If the customer complains about the issue then it is to be upgraded.if you show Vauxhall the pictures I posted, you shouldn't have any problems.
Does that apply to 1.4 t I got a knock when pulling away it's so frustrating
Don't suppose it applies to the 1.7 too does it?
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(23:rd-Feb-2017, 18:58:04)sheppy1 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Don't suppose it applies to the 1.7 too does it?

No just to the 2.0cdti with the F40 gearbox and A20 Dth engine.
Hi, are you aware of any other issues with the clutch?
my 2.0 cdti has developed a fault. when I accelerate in 5th and 6th , it gets to around 60-70 then sometimes its as if ive pressed the clutch in. the engine loses power and over revs like its not in gear??
If I let off for a few seconds then its normally ok. other times I have no problems?
(3:rd-Oct-2017, 19:27:43)r6sporty Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi, are you aware of any other issues with the clutch?
my 2.0 cdti has developed a fault. when I accelerate in 5th and 6th , it gets to around 60-70 then sometimes its as if ive pressed the clutch in. the engine loses power and over revs like its not in gear??
If I let off for a few seconds then its normally ok. other times I have no problems?

Had this in my old car. Was the start of my clutch going
Your clutch is slipping