Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cd400 to nav500 upgrade.
hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a
NAVI600 system. My Astra J Sports Tourer already has the bluetooth module; Besides this it only has the AUX 
input for 3.5mm audio plugs. I already have the complete NAVI600 system (UCU unit, display unit, control unit,
USB - SD card module - see pictures). The UCU unit is already unlocked so it should be accepted after installation.
Problem which I have now are:
1 - not having GVIF cable which is the video cable which connects the display to the UCU unit (blue connectors)
2 - not having the USB cable to connect USB module to UCU unit
3 - not having cable to connect SC card / 3.5 input jack to UCU unit
Could somebody tell me where I can get these cables?? Other question I have is about wiring: the guy who 
unlocked my UCU control unit told me that I have to make some small changes in the wiring system; does 
anyone knows if thats correct and if yes could you tell me what I need to change in the wiring?? Hope one of
you can help me out with these questions; really appriciated!!

BR Bas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.
What would be needed to upgrade to have a satnav?
I've seen 500, 600, 650 & 950 kits advertised but I'm not sure if they would be compatible.
(2:nd-Jan-2021, 22:08:52)woutfab Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a
NAVI600 system. My Astra J Sports Tourer already has the bluetooth module; Besides this it only has the AUX 
input for 3.5mm audio plugs. I already have the complete NAVI600 system (UCU unit, display unit, control unit,
USB - SD card module - see pictures). The UCU unit is already unlocked so it should be accepted after installation.
1 - not having GVIF cable which is the video cable which connects the display to the UCU unit (blue connectors)
Could somebody tell me where I can get these cables?? Other question I have is about wiring: the guy who 
unlocked my UCU control unit told me that I have to make some small changes in the wiring system; does 
anyone knows if thats correct and if yes could you tell me what I need to change in the wiring?? Hope one of

BR Bas

The GVIF cable is part number 95353437

The USB connect into the SD port You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

SD to Radio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Yes there are wiring changes needed.

(6:th-Jan-2021, 23:26:21)THEHITMAN Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.
I've seen 500, 600, 650 & 950 kits advertised but I'm not sure if they would be compatible.

As to what is needed depends on the navi unit yo go for.
500/650/950, Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, USB tray and port

600/900 Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, Tray for SD port USB/AUX port plus the ports.

Wiring changes GPS aerial, then it needs programming.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-Jan-2021, 08:37:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(2:nd-Jan-2021, 22:08:52)woutfab Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a

BR Bas

The USB connect into the SD port You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

(6:th-Jan-2021, 23:26:21)THEHITMAN Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.

600/900 Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, Tray for SD port USB/AUX port plus the ports.

So what's the easiest changeover then, NAV500?
Does the 500 need the aerial as well and need programmed?
Yes cd500 is the earliest & yes to a GPS aerial wiring changing and programming.
These are what I use unless custom wants to add a roof aerial on. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Jan-2021, 08:16:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes cd500 is the earliest & yes to a GPS aerial wiring changing and programming.
These are what I use unless custom wants to add a roof aerial on. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Is it easier to change to an aftermarket sat nav unit like this one You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I want to keep the cd player lol
(9:th-Jan-2021, 08:37:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

BR Bas

Thx Rusty for explaining which cables I need! One question left: at the back of the USB-AUX-SD Card console there are two pins next to the connector for USB cable which goes to radio unit. Do you know where those pins are needed for; do I need to connect something on these pins ore will SD card work when USB cable between console and radio is connected? 

BR Bas
I think the one you are talking about it the power supply, this is needed for the sd card side of things to work.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , auto lights and rain sensor retrofit Smile
(12:th-Jan-2021, 08:02:24)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think the one you are talking about it the power supply, this is needed for the sd card side of things to work.

Hi JP,

thanks for reply. Guess you are wright and connections are needed for 12v power supply. Any idea how to find out
which pin is for +12v and which one is for ground??

BR Bas
Black is ground, the other is red and yellow which is power.

Think I have a photo somewhere

Pin 1 is black
Pin 2 is red/yellow

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , auto lights and rain sensor retrofit Smile
(13:th-Jan-2021, 19:07:55)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Black is ground, the other is red and yellow which is power.

Think I have a photo somewhere

Pin 1 is black
Pin 2 is red/yellow

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Thx JP; done; succesfully swapped CD400 to NAVI600 in my Astra J!! Took me some time but it works Wink...

BR Bas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 0 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb
  Upgrading the CD400 sadiqr10 0 0 11:th-Nov-2020, 04:58:09
Last Post: sadiqr10
  Cd400 software update Lukedent1234 8 0 21:st-Sep-2019, 10:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  cd400 quality rbull51 9 1,447 24:th-Aug-2019, 18:02:12
Last Post: niteram
  Wanting to install bluetooth and upgrade CD400 andy2174 14 5,828 1:st-Mar-2018, 20:27:35
Last Post: marcus01
  HID upgrade Dale90 29 1,310 10:th-Aug-2017, 09:33:25
Last Post: Dale90
  CD400 reception problem MDS2017 3 545 3:rd-Mar-2017, 21:00:27
Last Post: GOKIWI
  ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue? Black_Cat 4 858 6:th-Nov-2016, 22:57:55
  Shark fin for cd400 chrisb2511 10 1,487 10:th-Aug-2016, 07:21:51
  Washer jet upgrade / change? rbull51 1 754 27:th-Jul-2016, 22:58:36