Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Ramps?
Hi All,
I've bought these ramps from Halfords to do a job on my Misses Corsa D, they say they are for cars withe tyres up to 185mm but they are actually 240mm wide, my car Astra J 2CDTI has 19" 235's on, 

would you chance it?
Thanks

Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramp
The Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramps is designed for tyres with widths from 135mm to 185mm.
[Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramp Extra Info
  • Height 20cm2 Tonne per pair (1 Tonne per ramp)Suitable for tyres from 135 to 185mm.
[quote='fezza37' pid='50807' dateline='1552158560']
Hi All,
I've bought these ramps from Halfords to do a job on my Misses Corsa D, they say they are for cars withe tyres up to 185mm but they are actually 240mm wide, my car Astra J 2CDTI has 19" 235's on, 

would you chance it?
Thanks

Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramp
The Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramps is designed for tyres with widths from 135mm to 185mm.
[Halfords 2 Tonne Car Ramp Extra Info
  • Height 20cm2 Tonne per pair (1 Tonne per ramp)Suitable for tyres from 135 to 185mm.

Edit, would you risk using them with an Astra J with 235" wheels at a later date, i still need to use the them for the Corsa
The ramps I have are slightly too small for the tyre I still use them just make sure I centre myself on them properly, granted I don't do anything major with them.

I edited your posted so everyone can read them, if you copy and paste can you click paste as plain text it allows those on any theme to read your posts then.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Mar-2019, 09:41:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The ramps I have are slightly too small for the tyre I still use them just make sure I centre myself on them properly, granted I don't do anything major with them.

I edited your posted so everyone can read them, if you copy and paste can you click paste as plain text it allows those on any theme to read your posts then.

Ok Thanks