Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD500 Anti-Theft Lock
Wink 
Hi all ,

I am in the process of retrofitting a CD500 to my Astra GTC and need a little help.

I think I have managed to get it wired up so the controls and screen come up, but it's displaying the anti-theft protection lock, I believe from forums it can be re-programmed? Does anyone know anywhere nearish kent that can do it ?  or do we think Vauxhall might be able to do it? 

It has come out of a scrapped Astra J 2012 plate, going into my 62 plate GTC, replacing my CD400 , I have DAB and USB already and not worried about the navigation and I think the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP music anyway so not bothered about that so I don't think  I need to re-program the VCI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thanks

David
A dealer wouldn't do this and they wouldn't know how to.

I'm in Bournemouth and there is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in kettering.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
As Russell says the 2 of us really
NAVI950 , DAB+ , Rear Park assist & Rear Camera retrofit Smile
(6:th-Sep-2018, 20:07:55)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.As Russell says the 2 of us reall
Thanks , 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  I actually passing Kettering next week, but not in my car, I can bring the unit alone? how long does it take to re-programme? and how much do you think it will cost?  

@rusty2009 literally just pm'd you the same question ..sorry , looks like its either Kettering or a trip to Bournemouth :Smile  where will the misses want to be taken too haha
If I understand right these need to be programmed in your car. Don't think they can be done out of your vehicle like some.
Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(7:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.

i would charge the same , would be fingers crossed VCI not needed but not always the case and you cant tell till you do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD500 problem AlanMac 3 177 21:st-Sep-2017, 16:06:46
Last Post: Rusty2009