Please note new users with 0 posts will have to have their first 2 posts approved by a Moderator or Admin. There is no point posting the same post / thread multiple times staff have a life and can't be expected to be on the forum 24/7. (December 17, 2016)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD400 Bluetooth
Hi,
Firstly many apologies if this subject has been covered before but I’m just looking for a definitive answer. Brought a second hand Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 16v SRI (16 plate) yesterday with a CD400 plus unit. 
Can’t  seem to find any Bluetooth options. If I press the phone button it just mutes the audio, now should this unit come with Bluetooth as standard or have I brought one without it activated? 
Secondly what is the best option to get Bluetooth fitted (if I need too - which I think I do !!!!) without losing any other functionality.

Again sorry if I have posted a question already answered but I can’t belive a 2016 plate car would come nowadays without Bluetooth 

Thanks
Matt
Do you have DAB? As I'm sure the CD400 + come with DAB or BT.

You could have factory BT retrofitted your closest person is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(11:th-Mar-2018, 10:53:02)Matthewgee Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I can’t belive a 2016 plate car would come nowadays without Bluetooth 

Thanks
Matt

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a Vauxhall owner and their poverty spec cars.

I bought a 63 plate Astra elite 3 yrs ago, and although it's got some toys, my old 2006 Vectra Elite had some better ones.
Hi mate, no they didn’t come with Bluetooth as standard on the 400 or 400 plus, I was gutted about that too. What I did was installed an Android unit so you have Bluetooth, sat nav, cd, DVD etc. I paid about £320 and installed it myself which was pretty easy. So I suppose it’s just down to whether you think it’s worth it?
Hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was the same, all the controls for bluetooth but no bluetooth module installed. Very Common. I installed an aftermarket unit. Look at this video and there are links in the description as to where to buy one.

Hi guys
Many thanks for your replies.
Rusty2009 yes I have the dab radio. So I can’t just retrofit a Bluetooth module !!! Damn best get saving my pennies then. I must admit I like the android option but as I’m an apple user not sure of the compatibility issues. Am just mulling over a retro fit Bluetooth or paying more for an upgrade to the Navi 600. I aim to keep the car for a fair few years so investing now might not be a bad option. Till then back to the good old Bluetooth earpiece.
Would appreciate some advise as to what you guys think is the best option. Would also need to have any upgrade fitted as due to health issues would struggle to carry out the work myself.
Thanks
Matt
You could retrofit BT to the CD400+ but would need extra wiring & coding.

Navi600 again would require extra wiring & coding.

If you wanted to go factory I would say go more for the Navi950 (newer unit) with BT inside and I've been using my iPhone (now 7 with it with no issues) can even steam music over BT with the 950.

My experience with the aftermarket OEM looking units is not good and the BT on them isn't the best. Alot of people have had no issues with the aftermarket units although some still complain about the BT.

If you wanted to go the factory I can fit and program them I'm based in Bournemouth
The is John You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in Kettering also who can do them.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi guys
Many thanks for your replies.
Rusty2009 yes I have the dab radio. So I can’t just retrofit a Bluetooth module !!! Damn best get saving my pennies then. I must admit I like the android option but as I’m an apple user not sure of the compatibility issues. Am just mulling over a retro fit Bluetooth or paying more for an upgrade to the Navi 600

Sorry for the repost guys ......
As Rusty says navi950 far best upgrade option if you want nav and Bluetooth.

I use an android unit and again music streaming works a treat.

They are a bit difficult to come by but when there is one available there's normally more.
NAVI950 , DAB+ , Rear Park assist & Rear Camera retrofit Smile